412 Recto Player Pack by OwnHammer

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Pack_OwnHammer_412_Recto_p/fas-801-0035.htm

Cab-Pack-OwnHammer-412-RECTO.png

Cab Pack: OwnHammer 412 Recto - UltraRes™ is a new "Player Pack" by OwnHammer, who also created some of the Factory Cabs in the Axe-Fx II and AX8. Player Packs include perfect-crafted "Mix IRs" specifically designed to make it easy to find great tones without guesswork or extensive auditioning. At the same time, players who want to delve deeper will find a variety of options including single mic IRs in various positions. 412 RECTO includes 80 Impulses based on a Mesa Boogie™ standard/oversized straight closed-back Rectifier 4x12. The cab was re-loaded with four different types of speakers for four different sets of captures.

CABINET: 412 RECTO (Based on a Mesa BoogieTM Standard/Oversized straight closed back 4x12)

SPEAKERS:
  • C90 (Based on Celestion™ Black Shadow MC-90)
  • SHZ (Based on Scholz Classic™)
  • V60 (Based on 60 watt Celestion™ Vintage 30)
  • V70 (Based on 70 watt Celestion™ Vintage 30)
MICROPHONES:
  • Shure™ SM57
  • Neumann™ U87 (vintage)
  • Royer™ R121
  • Telefunken™ /Sennheiser™ MD421 (vintage)
  • Neumann™ KM84 (vintage – Rear & Room)
MULTI-MIC MIXES:
  • All - All six primary microphones mixed together.
  • Fat - Fat and thick lows and low mids.
  • Fwd - Forward and ‘in your face’.
  • Full - Full body with a lively top end.
  • Smooth - Smooth top end without excess low end.
  • Warm - Warm and full in the low mids and midrange.
This Cab Pack was produced and engineered by Kevin Rowe of OwnHammer.

Order yours today at:
http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Pack_OwnHammer_412_Recto_p/fas-801-0035.htm

Very happy to finally get this one out into the wild! :) I'll be making a track using this cab at some point once I can set aside some time for it, but here are a few that I know have been done using the Axe-Fx and files from this library:

Thanks so much to Jon, Tony, Eric, and Alan for their time, energy, and immense talents!

I think I am missing about a dozen more, I've been a bit out of touch with social interaction and social media, but hopefully this shows some range of the pack. :) While the V70 is going to naturally, and deservingly take a lot of spotlight here for hard rock, metal, and similar such tones and has seen some very happy users in other threads on this board, the other options in the pack can be useful to many textures and styles, including but not limited to fusion types, which was a directive from the onset and the reason for the inclusion of the C90 and SHZ, for example.

Hope you all enjoy and get some great mileage out of these!

Thanks guys !
I have some question for Kevin
There is in this pack some of the Ir present in the California Duo pack (4x12 I mean ) ... I'm not at home so I cant recall if the cab is OS or not in that one :)

I have the Heavy Hitters collection from Ownhammer's site, does this offer something unique enough to consider buying?

What V30 speaker is included for the Heavy Hitter version of the Mesa 4x12? That may go a long way in determining whether I buy this one.

Thanks!

Thanks guys !
I have some question for Kevin
There is in this pack some of the Ir present in the California Duo pack (4x12 I mean ) ... I'm not at home so I cant recall if the cab is OS or not in that one :)

The California Duo contains a Mesa Traditional cab (different dimensions, square shaped like a 1960B and not "tall" like this Standard/Oversized cab), which will also have a Player Pack release in the future when I shoot some more speakers in that cab to make the decision on the final cut details. This is a different animal than that, though. :)

I have the Heavy Hitters collection from Ownhammer's site, does this offer something unique enough to consider buying?

What V30 speaker is included for the Heavy Hitter version of the Mesa 4x12? That may go a long way in determining whether I buy this one.

Thanks!

Copy/Paste from ownhammer.com/faq:

What is the difference between the 412 MES V30 (HHC) and the 412 RECTO V60/V70?

The 412 MES V30 in the HHC is a 70 watt Mesa V30 from a different era of manufacturing than the one offered in the 412 RECTO section, has more top end than the others, and will feel the most bright of the three.

Saying the same thing a different way - the ones here in this pack are fuller/thicker/chunkier than the one in the HHC.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
The California Duo contains a Mesa Traditional cab (different dimensions, square shaped like a 1960B and not "tall" like this Standard/Oversized cab), which will also have a Player Pack release in the future when I shoot some more speakers in that cab to make the decision on the final cut details. This is a different animal than that, though. :)

Hope that helps!

Thanks Kevin ! I will try this for sure ( I have a real one so I'm quite accustomed to that sound )

This seems like a great complement to the Marshall pack.

I'd say the next pack should be an adaptation of your Class A Duo to get those chimey combos, and maybe down the road a Fender pack (like Deluxe and Super Reverb). Cover the four corners of the spectrum basically!

My go to IR pack has always been the Fractal Cab-Pack-3-OwnHammer-Studio-Mix-UltraRes-Edition.
I just purchased the OwnHammer 412 MAR Green Vintage Player Pack & the OwnHammer 412 Recto Player Pack. Money well spent, very easily laid out and sound better than my favorite Cabs from Cab Pack 3. They have more lows, high's and seem fuller. The only thing I’ve had to do get in my comfort zone is reduce the Low Cut between 80 - 98.5 Hz and the High Cut to 12098 Hz (taken from Guitarjons MKIIC++ Metallica OH 412 MES you tube video) depending on the cab.

Really great Cab-Packs!

Last edited:
Hi!
One question: except for the price, what's the differences between this cab pack and the 4 packs that is sold on Ownhammer's website (412 RECTO C90 / SHZ / V60 e V70)?

Thanx!

Last edited:
You can now also hear this player pack in action in this new mix:

Came here to hear a demo of the cab pack and ended up loving this song, in a way that listened to it twice in a row, thats awesome! Is there a download link for your song?

Back
Top Bottom