4 second delay on FC-12 for lights to switch

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
There is a 4 second delay from the time I switch from one preset to another on the FC-12 for the led on the FC-12 to change to the new switch I stepped on. About half the time both lights stay on (the preset I was on, and the new one I stepped on) for 4 seconds then the old light goes off. The other half of the time when I step on a new switch both lights go off and the light for the new preset comes on in about 4 seconds. I am not connected to Axe Edit or by USB to the computer at all. The only thing I changed was updating to 5.05 and updating the USB to 1.08. The sound changes immediately, but not the small LEDs. I never noticed this problem before.

Edit: I turned off the Axe FXIII and FC-12 for a couple hours and just tried it again. This time the FC-12 worked properly. I have no idea why it didn't work right before or why it is working right again.

Last edited:
CPU is around 76. XLR is the same new cable I was using with no problems before updating. The Axe FXIII and FC-12 haven't moved from their place in the studio since I got them. Issue only started after updating to 5.05 yesterday.

Edit: I turned off the Axe FXIII and FC-12 for a couple hours and tried it again. This time the FC-12 is working properly again. No idea why it wasn't before. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Last edited:
Was Axe Edit running when you experienced the delays? If Axe Edit is running, it takes things (Axe, computer screen, FC) a slight moment to sync up, but no where near 4 seconds. I'm seeing maybe a half second at most. If I'm doing something other than just switching scenes/patches/effects (like storing/importing/exporting patches, etc.) the sync takes a little longer, but still not even close to 4 seconds.

The only thing I changed was updating to 5.05 and updating the USB to 1.08.
What version of firmware is on the FC?

Are you daisy chaining FC's at all?

Do you remember how long everything was powered on before you experienced this issue?

What version of firmware is on the FC?

Are you daisy chaining FC's at all?

Do you remember how long everything was powered on before you experienced this issue?

I was on firmware Axe FXIII firmware 5.05, and FC-12 firmware 1.05, and usb firmware 1.08, using just one FC-12 (not daisy chaining). I had been using Axe Edit for about an hour or two editing some presets. I'd turned Axe Edit off completely to try out some of the new presets and the FC-12. That's when I noticed the problem. The sounds of the presets changed immediately, and the large screen changed immediately, but not the small LEDS. They took 4 seconds to change as described in my original post. I timed it. I then completely disconnecting the usb from the computer, but the problem was still there. I shut everything down, and e-mailed the forum. I turned the Axe FXIII back on a couple of hours later and everything worked fine with no delays with the small LEDs. I never had any issues with the FC-12 before and it seems to be ok again now. If it happens again I will report it on this thread, but I think it is ok now.

I just now updated to 5.06. I'll give that a try late tonight.
Edit: Worked perfectly tonight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom