4cm method issue with Mesa Mark v25

Ender001

I'm currently using a Mark V25 but when i set 4 cm method the tone seems different
IF anyone knows if there's a way to fix this, please let me know!

by the way i fallowed these steps:
Thanks in advance!

Ha! That's my video.
Can you tell us a bit more - when you say 'different', what's different about it?
Quieter, louder, distorted, out of phase etc??

If you can post a quick clip to YouTube that might help us also

Ha! That's my video.
Can you tell us a bit more - when you say 'different', what's different about it?
Quieter, louder, distorted, out of phase etc??

If you can post a quick clip to YouTube that might help us also
Thanx for the reply. i mean it sounds really creppy ,effects the tone so bad and loss the tone (when i plugged in Directly mark v25 it sounds amazing, or with Gsystem 4 cable method)
Anyway i will try to post a quick video today

Cheers

Did you take out the amp and cab block and replace them with an FX Loop block? I can only think they are still in the preset and the amp and cab sims are on?

I'm using my Axe via the 4CM and a Boogie Mark V 35 and it sounds pretty awesome to me.

Which version of Axe FX 2 do you have?
If you have MK I, like me, the 4 CM isn't that good.
If I remember correctly the inputs was changed in MK II

Did you take out the amp and cab block and replace them with an FX Loop block? I can only think they are still in the preset and the amp and cab sims are on?

I'm using my Axe via the 4CM and a Boogie Mark V 35 and it sounds pretty awesome to me.
yes i did it all , but still the same :/

FWIW, I have that same amp and also an AXE Fx 2 XL+. Last time I hooked it up with 4cm it sounded good to me. I have had the 4cm sound bad with one of my amps, can't remember which. But, I'm pretty sure it was something I did wrong that time. I have gigged with the Mark V 25 and axe fx 4cm several times too.

You should have an awesome tone - you've got all the right bits of gear.
If you can, post a video of the problem & post the patch so we can see whats going on - this will make it faster for us to understand
i guess the problem is Global /out 1 out - out 2 Gain, while i am playing even bypass the clean sound still distorted, how should i set it?

i guess the problem is Global /out 1 out - out 2 Gain, while i am playing even bypass the clean sound still distorted, how should i set it?
well, i set to -12 its still distorted my clean sound when i hit strong to the strings? any idea?

Here is my creepy Clean sound

and here is the template that i use as well

in my opinion there is something wrong with my global settings , I/O

Attachments

• This one.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 7
You mean FXloop Level?

Yes, I am referring to the "Send Level" knob on the back of the amp. If it is too low, the sound will be crappy coming out of the Mark's pre-amp. I have my Mark V's set just past noon and have Input 2 on the I/O page in the AxeFx set to 18.8% to prevent clipping.

You may also want to review the values of your Channel Master values vs the Output of the amp. Too low values in the Channel Masters may be resulting in crap tone.

My global output 1 and 2 pad values are both 0.

Last edited:
The Mark V 25 doesn't have a fx send level control. I tried your preset, I think it replaced my 4cm preset when I imported it. So I'll have to make another one before I can send you one. In any event, your preset worked for me. I made a quick recording, was kind of distracted didn't have much time. Playing sucks, but it shows the clean channel of the mark 5 and the delay, then I switch mk 5 channels to get an overdriven sound.

I might get more time really late tonight we will see.

Thanks - tested your preset & its all good. It worked for me also. Cleans are perfect on my amp.
There's something wrong either with your global settings or your Mark V25. Check your Input settings - instrument should be set around 50%, input 1 to 50%, input 2 to around 65%.
Check the Audio settings - all inputs/outputs are set to mono. Boost/pad set to 6db. Output 2 echo = none. Output 1 phase = normal. Output 2 phase = normal.

If that doesn't help, lets start a process of elimination:

1. What happens when you plug your guitar directly into your Mark V25 set to clean?
2. What happens when you plug your guitar directly into your Axe FX & send output 1 to the efx return on your Mark V25?
3. What happens if you plug in a different effect (delay pedal??) into your Mark V25 set to clean?

The Mark V 25 doesn't have a fx send level control. I tried your preset, I think it replaced my 4cm preset when I imported it. So I'll have to make another one before I can send you one. In any event, your preset worked for me. I made a quick recording, was kind of distracted didn't have much time. Playing sucks, but it shows the clean channel of the mark 5 and the delay, then I switch mk 5 channels to get an overdriven sound.

I might get more time really late tonight we will see.

Thanx alot, i will be waiting

Back
Top Bottom