Wish 4 CC's in a IA

Currently we can set 2 CC messages per switch. I would love to be able to send 4 CC messages!

1) Turn On/Off Boost block
2) Turn On/Off Drive block
3) Turn On/Off Delay block
4) Just in case <g>

Just set the Axe-FX block bypass for the same CC instead, much easier :)

Well, yeah, but that has drawbacks too. Sooner or later a situation will arise where you don't want them bound together like that. :) I take the time to program such multiple commands into my Liquid Foot Jr, which allows room for up to 10 CC's per switch. The MFC, as Bakerman noted, can easily do 7. Believe me, after a bit you'll get tired of wondering which CC you've assigned to what block. :)

I read that thread....would someone explain the custom Hex code I would need to do this? I really don't want to define them all to the same CC because I may use them individual.

Also, would this change the state of the the IA LED's for whatever I have mapped to this switch?

Thanks

The individual IAs won't change to reflect the group switch, but they could be Axe-FX mode IAs to show the initial state. For that to work nicely you might have to disable the group switch from sending anything at preset change. (I'm not entirely sure if that's possible.)

Here's how to enter a CC as custom data:

One CC command takes 3 bytes (pairs of characters in hex), so you can add up to 5 per IA. If you're not familiar with hex (base 16), or even if you are, the standard Windows (and OS X, probably) calculators will let you enter a decimal value then switch to see the hex value. 0-127 in decimal (as CC#s/values appear in any other MFC or Axe menus) becomes 00-7F in hex.

Format is like this:

Bn cc vv

B = Indicates this is a CC message.

n = Channel minus 1. So for a controller message on channel 1 the first byte would be B0. For channel 2 you'd put B1, etc.

cc = CC#. For example, the default CC# for Delay 1 Bypass (47 in decimal) is 2F in hex.

vv = value. 0 and 127 decimal translate to 00 and 7F in hex. There normally wouldn't be a reason to use any other values here.

So to get a Delay 1 on message on channel 1:

B0 2F 7F

The bypass message would be:

B0 2F 00

Remember you have to enter both the "on" and "off" data to make it toggle the effect. Once you know the channel and memorize 00/7F for off/on you really only have to think about the 2nd byte (CC#) when setting this up. For another CC just add it as the 4th-6th hex bytes, etc.

Back
Top Bottom