4 cable issue

Denverelroy

What am I doing wrong ! I’m new to the Ax8 world and trying to get the 4 cable method to work , I get nothing , brand new cables into the correct jacks of Marshall Jim 410 , I just want to keep the marshall sound but use the ax8 effects , am I missing something with the ax8 it self , I’ve followed step buy step YouTube clips, I’m not a tech guy , thanks in advance ,

are both Output Knobs on the top panel turned up?

it's common here to say "all cables are correct" yet still have a problem. the problem actually could be wrong cables or connections. can you describe how you're connected? like

guitar to AX8 In 1
AX8 Out 2 to Amp input
etc.

i'm asking you to do it rather than just look at the instructions and say "yeah" because that's when people discover they may have done something wrong.

hopefully it's just the volume knobs, and hopefully you are connected correctly. but it's good to check.

also, your preset needs to have an FX Loop block in it in the right place. does it?

Since you're getting no sound at all, it sounds like a routing issue, same thing happened to me. This routing from another thread helped sort it out for me:

Guitar > AX8 IN 1 (INSTRUMENT)
Connected AX8 OUT 1 (MAIN) > Amp's Fx Return
Connected AX8 IN 2 (FX RTN) > Amp's Fx Send
Connected AX8 OUT 2 (FX SEND) > Amp's Input

Oh yes ... the manual has out2 and in2 incorrectly labeled back to front.

After years of using this unit I had a 2 hour brain fart recently as I was following the manual for 4CM method and could not get it working. It drove me to the point of asking my girl friend for help. She looked at the back of the AX8, then my amp and said, don't you have these back to front. I scratched my head and explained to her which output was which so "No" ... I didn't have them wrong, and she pointed to the label on the unit and said ... err ... yes you do. lolz ...

Long story but might be worth checking the HW labels to make sure you've connecting the correct things.

It’s happened a bunch of times, but I can’t imagine looking at the manual then plugging in without looking on the unit itself. Just a weird thing that often happens.

It’s happened a bunch of times, but I can’t imagine looking at the manual then plugging in without looking on the unit itself. Just a weird thing that often happens.
I know right ... I've had it connected correctly many time and this this day I brain farted big time ... I had created some notes for myself and had used pictures of my amp etc but then paste in the manual diagram of the rear panel. Laugh ... no - I did not - but my GF did ... lolz

Back
Top Bottom