4 button midi footswitch

Keg8605

Power User
So I'm trying to resist doing this but I think it will help my FS layout stay a bit more consistent so I can always select presets and use the AX8's switches for IA's, Scenes and changing banks.

I am thinking of adding a 4 button midi footswitch at the bottom to always select presets 1-4 in each bank. I'm thinking this is possible yes?

Does anyone know of one that is really this simple? I'm even thinking of building my own.

An external MIDI controller generally won't follow bank changes you make from the AX8. With most MIDI controllers, you send out a combined Bank message and Program Change message. See the chart at the end of the AX8 manual.

So that means you'd want at least 6 switches (Bank +/- and 4 presets).

Something like this would work but seems complicated: http://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/dmc-8d-midi-foot-controller

If you wanted to keep it small, you could use a 4-button controller to access 4 scenes at any given time (via CC#34).

So I'm trying to resist doing this but I think it will help my FS layout stay a bit more consistent so I can always select presets and use the AX8's switches for IA's, Scenes and changing banks.

I am thinking of adding a 4 button midi footswitch at the bottom to always select presets 1-4 in each bank. I'm thinking this is possible yes?

Does anyone know of one that is really this simple? I'm even thinking of building my own.
you have 4 exp ports that support two switches each via trs. Why not just add 4 buttons via two ports and assign some functions to them

The BJ Devices TB-5 might suit you. I'm happy enough with mine. Small, 5 switches, easy to program.

you have 4 exp ports that support two switches each via trs. Why not just add 4 buttons via two ports and assign some functions to them
Each one of those Pedal Inputs will only support 1 switch not 2.

Thank you all for the ideas. Believe me I'm not jumping at the idea yet. Just thinking of my options. I really feel comfortable having access to presets for CPU and because this is how I had my Liquid Foot Pro setup (6 presets on the bottom). For now I'm just setting one or 2 switches on the bottom row to the corresponding presets.

OP was asking for external switches that could change presets. Changing presets via the pedal inputs isn't currently supported. You can use the F-switches, the 8 footswitches, or a MIDI controller.

It would require all 4 jacks (as Joe mentions) but your suggestion would work for bypassing/engaging 4 specific blocks (globally, not per preset).

OP was asking for external switches that could change presets. Changing presets via the pedal inputs isn't currently supported. You can use the F-switches, the 8 footswitches, or a MIDI controller.

It would require all 4 jacks (as Joe mentions) but your suggestion would work for bypassing/engaging 4 specific blocks (globally, not per preset).
Yes I didn't think it would change presets but with 4 extra buttons he could just rethink the plan to assign what he could to the 4 extra buttons.

you could get one of the many 8-12 button MIDI footcontrollers out there and dedicate it to all patch switching and use the footswitches on the AX8 solely for functions within a patch.

I agree - I'm thinking the peak FCB4n2 would be the cheapest option. I'm going to hold off as long as I can and try to get used to another way to see if I can avoid taking up more floor space.

Yea I like that one two, I also thought there maybe be a way to have scene 1 in each preset of each bank send a program change to the midi controller so that it bumps to the correct bank. Kind of tedious though especially if I copy presets all over the place. We'll see. I was getting away fairly well yesterday with utilitizing the scenes as best I could. Change can be hard sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom