4 button External switch / looper / cant figure out

unFILTERed

Power User
I programmed my four button external switch to control axe looper.
Switch 1 record, 2 play, 3 dub, 4 reverse.

I have one problem i cant solve, i need to press record or play sometimes twice, to first action they dont react.
Any one knows what i should do?

It could be that you’ve set the switches as “Toggle” instead of “Momentary” in the MFC Setup menu. If they are set to Toggle, the first press would engage whatever you do, and the second press would disengage. This makes sense for something like Toggling an effect on an off, but doesn’t make sense for selecting Scenes or controlling the looper.

If they are set to Toggle, the first press would engage whatever you do, and the second press would disengage.

momentary would mean as long as it's held down it will record, then when you let go it will stop recording.

the issue is that the Record button, for example, goes from Off to On. then if you press Play, Play goes from Off to On, but Record is still On. this will make the loop play (and make the Axe stop recording), but to start recording again, you have to turn Record Off in order to turn it On.

i realized this problem too when trying to make 2 external switches for Rec and Play. i now use 2 switches on my MFC for Rec and Play and also use Switch Links - when Rec is On, pressing Play turns that Rec switch off. same for Play - pressing Rec turns off the Play switch.

external switches unfortunately can't use the Switch Links function.

hahahaaa :) know i cant stop playing unless i press record or cant stop recording unless i press play...though record after play or play after record functions just with one press know....gotta think some more, it should be possible

Me too :|

I’ve tried to get this working again and I can’t find a way to do this with XS1 and XS2 without remembering the state of each switch and sometimes double-clicking. What would really be needed is the Switch Link function for external switches as well.

The closest I’ve got is to setup XS1 with MIDI CC#29 (Looper Play) with an ON value of 127 and an OFF value of 000, and XS2 with MIDI CC#28 (Looper Rec) with an ON value of 127 and an OFF value of 000.

The best way to operate this would then be to:

- Click XS2 to start record
- Click XS1 to stop record and start playing back the loop
- Click XS2 - this does nothing at this point except resetting the state of XS2 to the off state (this is the step required without the link switch)

I like to change sounds/scenes almost immediately after recording a loop. Even with the Short press option for looper mode, it takes longer than I want, so I just made switches 1 and 2 into rec and play.

Sometimes I need to instantly start recording a loop in my duo situations and it's always right there ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom