4 anyone who uses Lake Butler Mitigator - replacing battery?

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I have had this beloved foot controller since the mid 80s. I did a gig last night and lost all memory. Not too bad since I could program what I needed pretty quickly. But I don't want to buy another controller AT THIS TIME. Anyone know how to change the battery? Is it a regular lithium cell?

Re: 4 anyone who uses Lake Butler Migitagor - replacing batt

I opened i up, but I don't see what looks like a battery, to me. Who developed this? There's got to be somebody who does maintenance. I mean the PCB is dated 8/1987.

Re: 4 anyone who uses Lake Butler Mitigator - replacing batt

I think I got it. I opened it up -- man! No wonder these things have such a great reputation. It's built like a TANK. It looks like the battery is one of those three pack lithium jobbers. But it had come loose from the PC board. I soldered it back and so far, so good. I unplugged it for a few seconds after programming. No memory loss. I'm nervous about unplugging it for a long duration . . . which I will do now. :?

I need to replacce my dead 3.6v lithium battery in the RFC1
Do you know if this battery should be rechargeable, or single use?
It solders on...
THank you
Matt

What I did in similar cases to save the existing presets and settings while replacing the battery: I soldered some longer cables to it with another battery in parallel to the existing one (parallel means + on +, - on -, important!). Then I took the old one out and replaced it, then at the end I cut the parallel battery out. You need two new batteries to do it that way and it's some extra work, but it's faster than reprogramming a unit.

In one unit I've made that parallel battery on cables only and taped it somewhere in the housing to leave it in the unit, because I wanted a bigger battery that lasts for many more years.

In one unit I've made that parallel battery on cables only and taped it somewhere in the housing to leave it in the unit, because I wanted a bigger battery that lasts for many more years.
You might not want to leave it that way. When two batteries are in parallel, small differences in voltage develop as the batteries age. Sometimes that voltage difference can cause one battery to drain the other one.

What I did in similar cases to save the existing presets and settings while replacing the battery: I soldered some longer cables to it with another battery in parallel to the existing one (parallel means + on +, - on -, important!). Then I took the old one out and replaced it, then at the end I cut the parallel battery out. You need two new batteries to do it that way and it's some extra work, but it's faster than reprogramming a unit.

I too need to replacce my dead 3.6v lithium battery in the RFC1
Do you know if this battery should be the RECHARGEABLE kind , or SINGLE use kind?
because I see both kinds availabe for 3.6V lithium...

Also, perhaps you know where I can get one that worked fr you?

Thank you
Matt

I too need to replacce my dead 3.6v lithium battery in the RFC1
Do you know if this battery should be the RECHARGEABLE kind , or SINGLE use kind?
because I see both kinds availabe for 3.6V lithium...
You want whatever battery the manufacturer specifies. Don’t deviate from that.

Thanks but there is no manufacture's specified battery in the manual I finally found,
or a Make-model on the internal battery, hence my question:
There are Rechageable batteries on the market, and "single use" batteries.

Looking for specifics-no help from manufacturer (Lake Butler who made this has been gone for many many years)
Looking for help from anyone who has successfully replaced their battery-

THanks

Thanks but there is no manufacture's specified battery in the manual I finally found,
or a Make-model on the internal battery, hence my question:
There are Rechageable batteries on the market, and "single use" batteries.

Looking for specifics-no help from manufacturer (Lake Butler who made this has been gone for many many years)
Looking for help from anyone who has successfully replaced their battery-

THanks
No fun. But you still need to stick with what was used.

Lake Butler had been gone long enough that the battery probably isn't lithium. More likely it's NiCd. Shape, dimensions, a picture... all would help.

Back
Top Bottom