32 "Scenes" Per Preset?! - Unlocking the Power of Scene Ignore - Fractal Friday #23

I tried this after watching your video and could't get it to work right.

I have a distorted plexi on scene 1 amp channel A with the input boost on, I have a clean plexi on scene 2 amp channel B with the input boost off.

When I select scene ignore for all 4 channels of the amp, and switch scenes, the input boost comes on for every amp even though I have it turned off for the amp on channel B. This happens no matter which to the 4 amp channels I select.

With scene ignore turned on for amp channels A, B, C,D you can not turn off the input boost no matter which amp channel you switch to.

Update: Ok I found what is causing this. I have my input boost set to modifier control switch 2, so I can turn it on or off from my FC-12. With this on you get the issues I described above. The only way I could get it to work was to unattached the modifier and control switch 2 completely. So I'd have to give up my ability to turn on and off my input boost from the FC-12 if I want to use scene ignore and it work right. Unless I am missing something,
If you have scene ignore on for all channels of the Amp block, the channel won't change.

Control Switches can carry their state across scene changes. You need to check your CS Per Scene settings and change them from LAST to OFF if you don't want the CS to follow scene changes.

Edit:

Thinking about this more I am wondering if the scene ignore is also overriding the CS Per Scene...

Last edited:
If you have scene ignore on for all channels of the Amp block, the channel won't change.

Control Switches can carry their state across scene changes. You need to check your CS Per Scene settings and change them from LAST to OFF if you don't want the CS to follow scene changes.

Edit:

Thinking about this more I am wondering if the scene ignore is also overriding the CS Per Scene...
Thanks. I'm calling it a night, but I'll try that tomorrow, but I think scene ignore may be overriding the CS per scene like you are thinking.

The only way I could get it to work was to unattach the modifier and control switch 2 completely and give up my ability to turn on and off my input boost for any amp channel from the FC-12, which is how I normally have it.

Aaaaaaand.....I'll be diverted from other tasks today to rebuild everything LOL

I didn't realize how much I need this feature until the video. Thanks Cooper!

One quick question. As long as scene ignore isn't on on the wah, whammy, or trem/pan blocks modifiers on those channels should not be affected?

I have an expression pedal doing something different on 4 scenes using channels. Wondering how that works.

Last edited:
Hope this helps many of you unlock the potential of this powerful new feature!

Finally, watching this, It’s like going back to a 3 channels footswitch of the head and effect pedals … if you want to start your song with clean +chorus and then Dry dist, you need to push 2 switches. Goodbye the fast change between a bunch of effects and different channel that scenes allows . So I don’t really see it an improvement but a return in the past .

The way I set my fc12 is similar to the one @Admin M@ gives as an example for this new feature in his own topic.
Just that I use 3 scenes down left with clean /crunch / lead and all the others switches are on/off effects, like pedals .

having 2 foot switches … got the same config that your fc6+Fc12 in the case I use my JP2c head and the axe 3 for effects only . But yeah who want that in his axe ? You need to mess a lot with your feet. Scenes are way more comfortable and modern

214892BA-4C2F-4E9B-BC83-E0EBEFCC787E.jpeg

Last edited:
if you want to start your song with clean +chorus and then Dry dist, you need to push 2 switches. Goodbye the fast change between a bunch of effects and different channel that scenes allows . So I don’t really see it an improvement but a return in the past .
No you don't if you are using a clean amp and use drive pedals to get distortion. S1: clean amp + chorus S2: clean amp + dist pedal

This is really such an improvement for music styles where you have the possibility and urge to spice your playing with different effect combinations (or even amps) vs playing mostly with pre-made scenes where your sound is more or less set to stone. For metal type of music I understand leaning on scenes is a more straight-forward approach.

For how I will be using the Scene Ignore is that I will now treat scenes as a kind of mood setting (dry, more ambience, ambient) or special effects (short psychedelic delays, long warbly tape emulations, dirty DI preamp sounds). Amp channels, drive, boosts and most modulation effects will be set to "global" with Scene Ignore. This is really the bees knees for me.

Last edited:
It's even more fun when you realize you can have it both ways (and probably more) at the same time and still get to the same place.

That is the beauty of the Fractal architecture IMO. We get multiple ways to do things.

I made a preset today for tomorrow's show using scene ignore. I'll make a template out of it and add it to the template bank.

Thanks, I tried what you suggested, but it didn't do what I had hoped.

I want to be able to:
have amp channel A with the input boost on
have amp channel B with the input boost off (for a clean amp)
have amp channel C with the input boost on
have amp channel D with the input boost on

I also want to be able to also turn on /off the input boost for any of the 4 amp channels from a switch on my FC-12.

Everything was working perfectly when set up as described above, but after turning on scene ignore for all 4 amp channels, all four amp channels now either all have the input boost on or all off.

The only way scene ignore works right is if I disconnect the modifier from control switch 2 on the input boost completely.

Bad news: Scene ignore only works right if I give up the abiity to turn on/off input boost from a footswitch on the FC-12.

Good news: I was able to assign 4 foot switches on the FC-12 to each of the 4 amp channels and switch them on or off to use with scene ignore and that works great.

Thanks, I tried what you suggested, but it didn't do what I had hoped.

I want to be able to:
have amp channel A with the input boost on
have amp channel B with the input boost off (for a clean amp)
have amp channel C with the input boost on
have amp channel D with the input boost on

I also want to be able to also turn on /off the input boost for any of the 4 amp channels from a switch on my FC-12.

Everything was working perfectly when set up as described above, but after turning on scene ignore for all 4 amp channels, all four amp channels now either all have the input boost on or all off.

The only way scene ignore works right is if I disconnect the modifier from control switch 2 on the input boost completely.

Bad news: Scene ignore only works right if I give up the abiity to turn on/off input boost from a footswitch on the FC-12.

Good news: I was able to assign 4 foot switches on the FC-12 to each of the 4 amp channels and switch them on or off to use with scene ignore and that works great.
There is another thread about Scene Ignore affecting whether blocks are enabled or not when selecting channels that also seems like a bug.

I'm not sure if what you're seeing is by design or a bug but I'd lean towards bug.

We'll have to wait for Cliff or someone else from Fractal to confirm it.

No you don't if you are using a clean amp and use drive pedals to get distortion. S1: clean amp + chorus S2: clean amp + dist pedal
But these are scenes what you said ! if you do it manually, with the config of the video : having channels of the amps in a footswitch and effects in another, you are obliged to press 2 switches to be in clean + chorus to dist without effects. The old school way so. The one I ve done 20 years

But these are scenes what you said ! if you do it manually, with the config of the video : having channels of the amps in a footswitch and effects in another, you are obliged to press 2 switches to be in clean + chorus to dist without effects. The old school way so. The one I ve done 20 years
This is true if you use Scene Ignore in all blocks. But why not use both scenes and Scene ignore and have best of the both worlds? :)

This is true if you use Scene Ignore in all blocks. But why not use both scenes and Scene ignore and have best of the both worlds? :)
Yes, is just that I try to understand where is the real benefit of it, and still don’t get it 😅 . Maybe it is just that it don’t fit my needs as what we have already cover them .
Me for example I’m more about having zero gaps everywhere . For the rest the fc12 possibilities are already good . You can mix scenes and on/off effects so what is more ?

Yes, is just that I try to understand where is the real benefit of it, and still don’t get it 😅 . Maybe it is just that it don’t fit my needs as what we have already cover them .
Me for example I’m more about having zero gaps everywhere . For the rest the fc12 possibilities are already good . You can mix scenes and on/off effects so what is more ?
Reasons why I love Scene Ignore:

- I mostly don’t rely on scenes for different sound changes. I’m more of an ”effect on/off” player. If I had to use scenes for different sounds and effects I use, I think I would have to use way too many to fit them to my board.
I still like the concept of scenes and use them for more complex effect changes.
I use a lot of different effects and have deployed all effect channels for different sounds. Using them with scenes is just impossible.

- I used to have different scenes for clean, rhythm and lead etc. with different amp channels for each scene.
What bothered me was that if I turn on an effect like phaser in clean scene, it would be off in other scenes like in rhythm and lead. This has bothered me since the Axe FX II times and I’ve kind of just learned to live with it.

- I mostly lean on one amp, but with the Scene Ignore I can easily switch to another amp that stays the same through scene changes. No need to switch to a different preset. Just like you would have the typical amp channel switcher.

- Scene Ignore makes FC6 or FC6+FM3 waaaay more versatile. Hope this function will be ported to FM3 as well.

- I can still choose the usual scene approach for presets where I need to switch on/off multiple effects or change channels

Last edited:
I use an AX FX III Mark II + FC-12 + 4 external switch.
I already know the operation of the FC-12 quite well.
This pedal is capable of fantastic things.
I can do a lot of good things with it!
I don’t want to be negative, but I still don’t understand the logic of the Scene Ignore feature yet.
So I can solve everything with the FC-12 and the 4 external switches.
And I don’t have to think about what I want to do because I can use the built system without thinking.
But one day, after much thought, I may embrace the greatness of the Scene Ignore feature.
I admire the imagination of the development engineers!
And we can only praise this persistent continuous improvement!
Thanks on behalf of all users!

Back
Top Bottom