30 minutes of Guthrie!!!!!!!!

No linky work 4 me ,Ok as I was posting the other link came up :D

Last edited:
Heh, I was listening to that in the background and noticed the drumming. Then I looked and recognized Marco Minneman. Such an amazing group of talent in that group.

YES!!! Guthrie has become my favorite guitarist. I got to see him with the Aristocrats in ATL last September. Unbelievable performance.

I got to meet him after the show, and he's a very kind and humble guy. Thanks for sharing this video.

I've added the interview Guthrie gave to Rebecca Dirks of Premier Guitar to see what pedals & guitar he is using.
Always funny choice of words from sir Govan.
Also, story off how the band got together.

Guthrie is my current favorite player.

Marco is my kind of drummer. If I ever learn to play the drums for real I take a LOT from him. That kind of stuff goes through my head ALL day even before I ever heard him play the drums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Each member of The Aristocrats had their own hour long clinic at the SE Guitar & Amp show in Raleigh last fall. The line for Guthrie was out the door! At the time, I didn't know who he was... then I got the Erotic Cakes CD. Freakin' epic! Each one of them had their own unique style for clinic presentation. Guthrie talked about theory quite a bit but unfortunately didn't play too much. I was tempted to yell out, "just shred something"! Bryan Beller talked about his gig with Steve Vai and performed a few pieces to some backing tracks. Marco was hilarious. He basically just came in and asked what people wanted him to play. Audience members would shout something out and he'd play it. He played this wild Zappa piece called Black Page. At the end of the clinic, he had people guess what he was playing to win sticks and other prizes. Great bunch of guys!!!

Thanks for sharing the video!

Years ago I was into Vai, Satriani, Gilbert, LaRocque and of course classics like Hendrix, SRV, EVH, etc etc etc etc. Then I kind of took a hiatus from guitarist-fandom. A few years ago I really got back into enjoying other guitarists again, and it took me a shockingly long time to find any new guitarists that I could really get into. The closest I came for a long time was actually Jeff Loomis. I've always been a fan of Sanctuary and Nevermore, but really fell in love with Loomis' solo stuff. But that was about it. And to be honest, I was really getting tired of listening to the same old albums I had from the 80's and early 90's.

But then I discovered Guthrie Govan and Andy Timmons at about the same time. There's other newer guitarists I have dug, but these two are really the only ones that have brought back that true awe in me - that magical combination of technique, tone, and musicianship, and in styles that I just really really personaly gel'ed with.

I've pretty much worn out the cd already for The Aristocats. What an amazing album!

Back
Top Bottom