$30 hard case for AX-8

Richard

Hey guys,

hbucker posted a picture of a Rigid brand organized case that he found at Home Depot that basically fit the AX-8 perfectly and it's only $30! I went and bought one and put some adhesive backed foam rubber in it that I had lying around and it fit the AX-8 perfectly! I even have room for cables on either side! If you don't have any adhesive backed foam rubber, you could cut up a yoga mat and glue pieces in and that should work great.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-22-in-Pro-Organizer-Black-222571/205440492

Attachments

• IMG_4242.jpg
    IMG_4242.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_4243.jpg
    IMG_4243.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 194
It's a great case! Here are some photos of mine. I used Loctite spray adhesive to adhere some leftover cube foam. The white styrofoam is a stronger foam that will help protect the on/off switch and the 1/4" jacks. The foam in the top is lined up to go in-between the switches.
IMG_2758.JPG IMG_2759.JPG IMG_2760.JPG IMG_2761.JPG

You guys think you could fit a smaller expression pedal in there as well? Minus the foam block on the side that you have?

All I can say is "maybe". As long as it is small. I set mine off to the side which leaves room for two 10 foot for cables and the power cable in the open area.

I know I need to carry a duffle bag with miscellaneous cords and stuff anyway. So the limited extra space doesn't really affect my situation.

You guys think you could fit a smaller expression pedal in there as well? Minus the foam block on the side that you have?
I could have fit my Mission Expression Pedal if I had pushed the AX-8 all the way over to the side but I didn't want it rattling around in there. I would have had to make a barrier to fit between the Mission and the AX-8 and I didn't feel like doing that. Plus, with foam positioned where it is in the middle, AX-8 doesn't move around much at all.

FWIW: I've got mine moved to one side and with strategic implementation of some foam, it fits tight as a drum. No movement. This allows for a larger space to one side for storage.

But again, I'm carrying a duffle bag with me anyway, so it's probably irrelevant for me one way or the other.

20170622_171716 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom