3 years since I got my axe-fx II. maintenance?

My philosophy on electronics is if it ain't broke don't try to fix it. Unles the manual specifically calls for some sort of user level phase maintenance program, preventive maintenance checks and services, etc., don't screw around with it. Lots of people think they know what they're doing, but they don't.

If you still feel like to have to crack the case, and you don't have a tech friend, at least ensure the box is powered off and unplugged, use an ESD mat, grounding straps, bracelet, etc. after being in aviation for 17 years, I've seen everything that can go wrong in the care and handling of electronics of every level of complexity.

I wouldn't touch it.

But this begs the question - what happens in 10 years when the AFX 3 is out, and the internal batteries start dying in the AFX 2's? Will the AXE 2 still be supported? Will it work with a dead battery?

dont feel bad, i've owned mine for 2yrs now and have only ever used headphones. i have a "still in the box" set of Equator Monitors. however i dont have the space to set them up and am too lazy to put take them out and put them away when im done.

I'm guessing sooner or later the battery will need swapped out.
I'm guessing later.

I opened her up several times already to reseat the display cables. No appreciable dust in there.
That's why there aren't any air vents in the case. Probably even in more dusty environments I don't think it will have much of a problem. I have two kids, a dog and two cats and a healthy dislike of hoovering. My place is tolerable, but not dustfree. I think mine will probably be sort of average if not worse.
It's not like there are many players using the AxeFx in sawmills.

I wouldn't touch it.

But this begs the question - what happens in 10 years when the AFX 3 is out, and the internal batteries start dying in the AFX 2's? Will the AXE 2 still be supported? Will it work with a dead battery?
Battery is user-replaceable

I'm in the same boat. Mk1 and I did have to change the power supply once. I just bring some pedals for a backup. I have been tempted to stock a power supply and emergency chip or whatever too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing later.

I opened her up several times already to reseat the display cables. No appreciable dust in there.

Dutch can you tell me more about reseating your display cables? Why did you have too and what did you do?

I get some occasional flicker and have for a long time now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just had a look through my e-mail history, and I've had mine nearly 3 and 1/2 years.

The old girl is still going good, but she has needed a bit of TLC.

original axe-fx II here, yes. I feel it's super sturdy (stirdy) (stardy?) aah what the hell, it''s good ok!?

I just want to find out if there is something I should know of regarding the fan. it's starting to sound like the fan in an old (dusty) computer.

the speed of the fan also goes a bit up, then down again. I thing this is normal - just syncing with the temperature or something. more heat, higher pitched I guess.

original axe-fx II here, yes. I feel it's super sturdy (stirdy) (stardy?) aah what the hell, it''s good ok!?

I just want to find out if there is something I should know of regarding the fan. it's starting to sound like the fan in an old (dusty) computer.

the speed of the fan also goes a bit up, then down again. I thing this is normal - just syncing with the temperature or something. more heat, higher pitched I guess.

Fan speed controller tied to a thermal sensor on the motherboard, controlled by BIOS.

dont feel bad, i've owned mine for 2yrs now and have only ever used headphones. i have a "still in the box" set of Equator Monitors. however i dont have the space to set them up and am too lazy to put take them out and put them away when im done.

My brain simply cannot process the above statement...................................????????????????

Back
Top Bottom