3 switches Vs 11

The new 'View' function is genius! It lets you setup each Layout like an FC12, and then 'View' three of the switches at a time.

Hey @Admin M@, is there a possibility of adding this 'View' function to the FC6 to easily access the other 6 switches in the same way?

Question
So you can chose to have any of the 3 views display when you start up

So if I want Perform ,FX , control i can do that if i set it that way and hit the MLM will it go back to that view
Or the Scene prests fx of the default

Yes I was referring to the FC6/Axe-Fx III combo. I see where it is discussed in the manual, but I can't figure out how to implement it? I can't find that option in any of the possible Press or Hold options?
I would presume it's going to be added in an Axe III firmware update "soon"!

I hope so. The manual discuses it as if it is available on the FC6 now?
I think it is... But (right now) only with the FM3, not (yet) the Axe Fx III.

Remember, the brains of the FCs are in the Axe Fx and FM3... So I suspect we'll see views come soon for FC6 with the Axe Fx III via a firmware update.

I think it is... But (right now) only with the FM3, not (yet) the Axe Fx III.

Remember, the brains of the FCs are in the Axe Fx and FM3... So I suspect we'll see views come soon for FC6 with the Axe Fx III via a firmware update.
Cool... I was just wondering how in the heck I missed this.

I'll be completely honest, the gig I played the other night with just three switches was one of the most rewarding shows I've ever played. I spent more time playing and less time thinking about tap dancing than I ever have. The FM3 really frees you up to think about actually playing guitar. Which, after all, is the entire point of what we're doing. Right?
absolutely. some gigs i just plug directly into the mixer, no pedals other than a tuner. i don't have to change anything during the gig. i sing better, play better, really focus on what i am controlling - guitar and voice.

i love doing these types of gigs from time to time to remind myself why i do what i do.

@Larry Mitchell gave me a great idea. By limiting the views to three, each view is one click away. I have been planning out how I would like to use the switches. I want to see if the FM3 can work for me without buying an FC6. Since I use two expression pedals (global volume and expression) the option of stand in switches does not work without the FC6, and the FC6 makes stand ins unnecessary IMO (especially with views).

Another thought I had, since my biggest issue with the AX8 is I can not remember what I saved to which scene, is to use the 10 characters to describe what is available on both tap and hold like Tap/Tune, Drive/V-1, CLN/MLM, Lead/EFL, etc. I understand a Show Hold function is available, but I am trying to eliminate as many taps as possible.

My overall thought is to have a master preset with four different amps in the amp block. My effects remain pretty similar throughout my set as I believe playing live, the fewer effects the better. I usually only kick dirt boxes, phaser, and boosts on and off during a song. Maybe change a delay or something.

So the plan would be select a preset, then a scene before the song starts. If I need to switch scenes, stay on the scenes layout and adjust views as necessary. If I don't need to switch scenes during the song, go to the effects layout and have direct access to the effects with all three views only one hold function away.

I was pretty sure I was going to have to buy the FC6 and I have already built a 4-switch stand in box for the FC. But with the implementation of views, I am pretty certain I will be able to get away with just the FM3.

Back
Top Bottom