3 Sigma Audio IR's

Coldsummer

Experienced
I haven't really kept up with the latest developments so forgive my ignorance if there is an obvious answer to this.

I've just purchased a few IR's from 3 Sigma Audio (some cabs and acoustic IR's) and they come with Fractal Audio folders but these still have .wav extensions whereas I thought they should be .syx. My question is, do I need to convert them to .syx with cab lab or can I simply load the wav files with cab manager in axe-edit? I had a feeling I remember reading that Axe edit can now use wav files but I can't find any info on this and I've searched the wiki.

I have an AxeFX II XL.

Cab-Lab Lite will let you convert the wav's to .syx for free. I've seen some reports in the thread for the Axe-Edit version that added that feature that the wav->syx feature in the Axe-Manage Cabs is not working for people, I've yet to try it myself, but I'd just use Cab-Lab Lite for now to batch convert all your 3Sigma fractal wav files to syx and load from there.

Just a quick update. The acoustic IR's are fine but need some volume tweaks. I've only tried the piezo and electric ones as I don't have an acoustic to try out the soundhole IR's.

Anyway, the main thing is the normal cab IR's are stunning and well worth a try. I've tried several of the cab packs but these 3 Sigma ones sound great to me, really bring out the clarity of the amp models. Anyway, ymmv, but give them a go if you are still looking for IR's, they may be just what you need. Of course it could also be the Q7 firmware!!!!

Back
Top Bottom