3 Sigma Audio IR's

brianv4

Fractal Fanatic
Stumbled across some IR's by these guys from believe it or not, a FB ad. Nice selection of some different cab's arranged nicely with 10 choices of each. I copped a Supro 1x12, Roland JC120, Dr Z Z Best 2x12 (G12H+V30), Suhr Hedgehog 2x12 (G12-65's) and a Fender Deville 4x10 (Eminence). They also have IR's of acoustic guitars. I picked up the Martin d-45. It comes with IR's for a piezo and soundhole pickup as well as selections for a piezo equipped electric guitar.

Loaded a few so far and only had a chance to try out with the new Hook amp but they sound really good. Can't wait to try the rest out.

The bassists here seem to really like their bass cab IRs.

I bought a few of the bass IRs but haven't tried them out yet.

I also bought several of the guitar IRs... They didn't suit my taste. But that's just me...

Def a different flavor. I like that they're not going for a "neutral" capture but using SSL pre's and tube power amps. Seems a bit more real world to me. So far i'm digging the Roland JC-120 and the Supro 1x12. Looking forward to trying the Z Best 2x12 with the Dr Z models next.

I use the acoustic and aguilar 8x10 ir's for my bass tones, they work very well for my needs and tastes. I also have the Zilla and port city guitar impulses and they're definitely a different flavor, lots of sizzle that I like on lead stuff

Bought their Supro 1x12, just to test the waters and let's just say that I was thoroughly unimpressed. Nowhere near the quality of OwnHammer. And considering price point, there's no comparison.

Consider this.

OwnHammer 112 DLXVRB
  • Costs $14.99
  • Two speaker choices
  • Multiple mic choices
  • Mix IR's
  • Quick Start Folder
  • MPT and non-MPT files
  • 200 and 500 ms lengths
  • Contains 656 IR's.

3 Sigma Audio's 1x12 Supro

• Costs $7.00
  • One speaker choice
  • Contains just 10 IR's (half of which are captured using a 5150 power amp section and the other with a neutral power amp).

OwnHammer squashes the competition. And, no, I am not affiliated with them.

to be honest, i'd rather pay $7 for ONE good sounding IR instead of €15 for a thousand bad sounding IR's ;)

to be honest, i'd rather pay $7 for ONE good sounding IR instead of €15 for a thousand bad sounding IR's ;)
I can't say I could agree that $15 to OH gets you 1k bad IR'S. To me their IR'S are nothing short of killer. And don't let the number of options skew the perception of the quality, I know of another guy who offers a whole lot more than he needs to for the price of his product. I appreciate the commitment to quality and user's satisfaction.

Back
Top Bottom