3 Sigma Audio Electric IRs

Wildwind

Experienced
Anyone know about these? They are new - most of us got emails just today. I had bought a small package from them a while back for my old Amplifire, so I was on their radar. The IRs were very good.

Despite their efforts to explain, I can't figure out to use these with a hardware device. I do know it does not replace a cab IR. The concept is intriguing IMO.

www.3sigmaaudio.com is their website.

I looked this all over without success, but I'm not good at this sort of thing.

Put one of the IRs into an empty user cab slot. Load the ir into a cab block prior to the amp block as you would with any normal cab block. You will still need the usual amp and cab block setup. Check out the instructions in the download from Sigma.

I think their IRs are great! I've been using a bunch of them. I was most excited about the Mesa 2x12, as it sounds very very much like my favorite analog cab. Though, their Dr Z Best cab sounds killer too.

Use Axe-Edit or Cab Lab to load them into one of the "User Cab" slots in the Axe-Fx.

I tried one of their cabs. IMHO, they're inferior in quality, content and price point compared to OwnHammer.

The op is talking about their new electric guitar IRs. Apparently they allow you to mimic the sound of other guitars with whatever guitar you are using (so youput these IRs before the amp block). Im sceptical but would like to see how ppl find it.

I don't like their cabinet IRs. Haven't tried these pickup
Use Axe-Edit or Cab Lab to load them into one of the "User Cab" slots in the Axe-Fx.

I tried one of their cabs. IMHO, they're inferior in quality, content and price point compared to OwnHammer.

Same here, I don't like their cabinet IRs.

Haven't tried these "pickup" IRs, and frankly I probably don't care for them. I like the natural tone of guitars.

I've made some tries a while back like that.
I did a tone match of two of my guitars, so the TMA block should equalize the difference of the two guitars. Both are fenderish guitars and both HSS, but one rather thin sounding, the other rather fat.
It didn't work that well. It was fun, ok, but nothing I'd consider to use for serious.

But who knows, sometimes things like that add the missing key to the learning curve, not everybody tried to use pre eqs?

The op is talking about their new electric guitar IRs. Apparently they allow you to mimic the sound of other guitars with whatever guitar you are using (so youput these IRs before the amp block). Im sceptical but would like to see how ppl find it.
Sorry. My bad. I thought he was talking about the cab IR's.

Dear, god. I just went to their YouTube page and watched the video on these new "electric guitar" IR's. I'm going to be polite and just say that it doesn't sound very good.

Oh ok. When i saw their website yesterday I have to say that none of the guitar options appeared very appealing, as in it looked too generic. Usually in the gear/IR commercial world there is a hefty amount of description of what you get (e.g. woods, pickups?) paired with a lot of claims like"out of the 8 guitars we auditioned this one was the awesomest because...."

Anyway. Hope someone finds joy with them.

Sorry. My bad. I thought he was talking about the cab IR's.

Dear, god. I just went to their YouTube page and watched the video on these new "electric guitar" IR's. I'm going to be polite and just say that it doesn't sound very good.

They're calling it "ACE Technology" but I'm pretty sure it's just match EQ...

Personally never expected much from them, but I've also always been very questionable of their business ethics when it comes to false advertising

Singtall led a similar effort for guitar IR pickups you may want to check it out.

As for the trashing of 3 sigma IRs going on here, I have some of them that I *really* like. As a company they are kind of metal oriented (IMHO)... The Framus Dragon and Bogner Helios have become gotos... IRs vary so much... there are so many variables it is almost ridiculous to say brand A > brand B; I have more Ownhammer than anything else I like the selection pricing and consistency but can find a use for almost any properly micced IR.

Back
Top Bottom