3 Sigma Audio Electric and Acoustic IRs

Larry Largen

Inspired
Has anyone tried these out? I've made some of these myself but mine always miss the authenticity I am longing for. I am wondering if these would be worth the $10.

I use these acoustic impulses with my Fender VG Stratocaster on acoustic models along with a Fishman Aura Spectrum to get a convincing acoustic sound live. Yes, It helps!

I've never used them, but I remember one of the admins around saying that he tried them and found them to be of poor quality. YMMV

I like the acoustic impulses with my piezo equipped PRS. The pack also has impulses that can be used with normal magnetic pickups, but I haven't even tried those.

I've tried some of their regular cab IRs and there are a few I like. I appreciate that their sound demos all have the same source material so I can get a better comparison before buying. I also play upright bass and picked up their upright IRs and found a few useable ones in there. I'm a bit skeptical of the electric IRs, only because in my own experimentation with tonematching different guitars, it never really came anywhere close to working. I think it works better on acoustics because the piezo signal sounds so different (and inferior) to a miked tone that any change is a noticeable improvement. Electric guitars already sound "right," so trying to make a lateral move in tone is a little challenging. That said, I have not tried these specific ones, so I'll entertain the possibility that I could be proven wrong.

Back
Top Bottom