3 RU Padded Rack Bag for Axe and Matrix ...... suggestions please ?

ben ifin

Experienced
Hey all

My Axe and Matrix combo isnt going to leave the house -too often- so am looking for a 3 RU Padded Rack Bag ..... suggestions of good ones please ..... one with inlcuded zip-pockets would be "extra good" :)

Thanks,
Ben

I've been using the Odyssey bag for years. The 16 inch deep one I believe. It's great and you can slide the rack out of the bag which can be cool for home use too!

I have been using the same style like the Gator rack bag but from Stagg.
Been using it since the Ultra days and it has treated the Fractal always with care...depending on how you treat it, should be no problem to keep your beloved Axe safe and sound :)

And very cheap :D:D:D:D:D

I've thought about a rack bag too but I would really prefer one that is 16" deep buy they're few and far between.

I like the RoadRunner 4u rolling porter bag. Its got a great padded pocket on the front designed for a laptop(has cable pass throughs to the rack below) but I always used it for a space to store cables. You could always buy a 1u rack drawer for that if all you have is the Axe and Martrix. Its a sturdy bag and very mobile!

I also have a Gator 3u rack bag. Very sturdy feeling, fits the axe pretty much perfectly in length.

I like the RoadRunner 4u rolling porter bag. Its got a great padded pocket on the front designed for a laptop(has cable pass throughs to the rack below) but I always used it for a space to store cables. You could always buy a 1u rack drawer for that if all you have is the Axe and Martrix. Its a sturdy bag and very mobile!
I have the 2u roadrunner bag (2nd time I own one) and I had the 4u. It is a great case buck sucker was way to deep for my liking. RR really needs to add a 3u to the line up

I have the 2u roadrunner bag (2nd time I own one) and I had the 4u. It is a great case buck sucker was way to deep for my liking. RR really needs to add a 3u to the line up

Yeah, its deep, but I liked that cause it allowed me to put my G50 receiver in the back behind the Axe. I had a Gator Rolling rack, but it was too shallow for my liking. The Axe came right to the edge of the back and I would have to unplug all my cables, power included, in order to get the bag to close. I just wanted something that would allow me to leave everything plugged in to the back of the Axe and give me room to mount my G50 inside. I had pigtails coming out of the Axe for my FOH sends(XLR's) so all I had to do was drop the back and pull out my PC power cable and the 2 XLR pigtails and I was ready to roll. Worked for my needs until I decided to go with a rolling ATA rack.....

Yeah, its deep, but I liked that cause it allowed me to put my G50 receiver in the back behind the Axe. I had a Gator Rolling rack, but it was too shallow for my liking. The Axe came right to the edge of the back and I would have to unplug all my cables, power included, in order to get the bag to close. I just wanted something that would allow me to leave everything plugged in to the back of the Axe and give me room to mount my G50 inside. I had pigtails coming out of the Axe for my FOH sends(XLR's) so all I had to do was drop the back and pull out my PC power cable and the 2 XLR pigtails and I was ready to roll. Worked for my needs until I decided to go with a rolling ATA rack.....
I used to keep stiff back there too. Right now I have a power surge and g50 velco'd to to the pouch on top of my 2u. I use a right angle power plug and feed it up through rack and use a right angle 1/4 inch and feed it through rack for g50

+1 for the Odyssey. Great back, big front pocket on it. I used the 3U for about three years, taking it in and out of my house almost 7 days a week and it's held up great. I recently upgraded to a 4U. The 16" will fit the Axe, but if you're planning on leaving anything plugged into the back when it's zipped up, you'll need right angle connectors.

+1 for the Odyssey bag. I have two of them - one for my GSP1101 setup (8") and another for my Axe (16"). I love the bag plus removable insert, especially for someone who doesn't travel with it often. Beware though - the shoulder strap clips on the bag are pretty cheap. I just received the one for my Axe, and it came with a clip broken.

RR

Back
Top Bottom