3 Output Sources + Effects Loop. Possible?

Hey everyone,

While I'm awaiting delivery on my ASM-12, I'm trying to figure out how to best run the live set up that I'd like. Ideally, I want to run FOH for obvious, ASM for controlled feedback/stage volume if I need to pull an ear, etc. as well as an effects loop... all while running my own guitar level. I need someone to tell me that it isn't possible before I try to;

Instr: Guitar

Input 1 L:
Input 2 L: Effects Loop Return

Output 1 L (balanced): ASM
Output 1 R (balanced: FOH

Output 2 L: IEM
Output 2 R: Effects Loop Send

Now, I have no clue to know if this works because that's what bass players are for.

The idea:
  • Send a feed to FOH where they can do with it what they please
  • FOH send me band mix without guitar via IEM input 1
  • I send myself my own guitar via IEM input 2
  • I adjust my stage volume via Output on the Friedman.
All while having an fx loop.

Please stop me before I blow myself up. :confused:

Hey,
What's the iem setup, do you need a mix of the whole band in there too?
You can run your iem mix from the asm mix output, if you only want to hear your guitar signal.
Or if you need a mix, then see if foh can provide that ?

You can also mirror output L to R, to ensure you have the same signal going to asm and foh

I think keeping output 2 just for effects send will be your best bet.

Hey,
What's the iem setup, do you need a mix of the whole band in there too?
You can run your iem mix from the asm mix output, if you only want to hear your guitar signal.
Or if you need a mix, then see if foh can provide that ?

You can also mirror output L to R, to ensure you have the same signal going to asm and foh

I think keeping output 2 just for effects send will be your best bet.

Hey!

Thanks for getting back. I think I can get by with the FOH mix in my ears (save for myself). I won't get click, but I can survive.

I hadn't actually considered that the ASM had a dedicated output, but it does so great! Now since that's the case, I can send Output 1 L to the ASM, and then route its output back to the IEM input L, and all is groovy. And have FOH send my monitor mix into IEM input R?

Then Axe Output 1 R to FOH

That'll leave both Output 2's open for the effects loop.

Does that put me in the ballpark?

Old thread but wanted to chime in.

I used to do out1L to FOH and out1R to ASM and Out2R to ears. It works, my issue was that if i wanted my ASM louder, id either have to rock the thing forward (which isnt fun trust me), and get to the controls, or increase output 1's volume, thus increasing the input at FOH. I was running mix mode for the ears, taking a 1/4" TS cable from the monitor guy and then 1/4" TS from my OUT2R and mixing the two together in my pack.

I now switched to a AX8 and I believe that just like the 2XL or whichever model you have, using the FX loop block will override the echo function of the unit, or the output function more or less.

Using both output 1's and leaving 2 open is your best bet, but like I said, the issue becomes when someone says you need more stage volume, or the guy at the FOH is asking for me. I ditched running my own ears and now just take the FOH feed and run Out1 to FOH and Out 2 to ASM.

Back
Top Bottom