3 Monkeys Organ Grinder - Would Fractal model this?

smj

Inspired
Hey folks,

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I own a 3 Monkeys Organ Grinder.

https://3monkeysamps.com/products/organ-grinder

It’s a pretty unique sounding little monster and I haven’t been using it because modellers (Now the Fm3) is more suited to my work these days.

I’ve held off on selling it and thought I might do so after capturing it with a Quad Cortex. The FM3 in the end just looked to be so far ahead of Neural currently in terms of the ecosystem built up. So that’s what I use now.

I’d be happy to send the amp to Fractal if they would be into modelling it. It’s got a unique 5879 pentode preamp tube.

If the fine folks at Fractal are willing, I’d be happy to ship the amp over.

Sean Meredith-Jones

They would also require a functional schematic...
I emailed 3 Monkeys to see if I could get schematics. I noticed on their website that they are no longer making any amplifiers.

The email I got back was that they don’t have any schematics available. I’ll just take that at face value. Does that pretty much make this endeavour impossible?

Sean Meredith-Jones

I emailed 3 Monkeys to see if I could get schematics. I noticed on their website that they are no longer making any amplifiers.

The email I got back was that they don’t have any schematics available. I’ll just take that at face value. Does that pretty much make this endeavour impossible?

Sean Meredith-Jones
It is possible for a circuit trace to be done by Cliff but my understanding is that is very time consuming.

Only Cliff can really answer...

It is possible for a circuit trace to be done by Cliff but my understanding is that is very time consuming.

Only Cliff can really answer...
What would be the best way to get in touch with them about this?

I’ve sent out some feelers to some locals who might be able to draw up some schematics, but obviously I would have to pay them.

I’d probably want to know what FAS’s interest level in having this amp in their collection actually is.

Sean Meredith-Jones

The best option would be to post a new "wish" thread for this Amp (in the Axe Fx III or FM3 wish) forums.

If they are interested they will reach out.

You could even tag Cliff (user "fractalaudio") in this thread, but he gets a lot of tags so we try to be respectful of his time.

In my opinion, it's pretty unlikely unless this is a really, really special amp.

There are a lot of amps that have been requested many times but have not been modeled.

But that's just my opinion ;)

Back
Top Bottom