3 Guitars one AX8?

stevedanska

Okay, so I've run into an interesting issue. I am a very active theater guitarist and I have been hired to play a show where I need to play electric, 6 string acoustic and 12 string acoustic at separate times throughout one show. Would it be possible to plug in 3 guitars to run separately through the Axe 8? If so, how can this be achieved while muting the other guitars? Ideally I'd love to plug all 3 guitars into the Axe 8, as I've already done this for shows where I'm required to play acoustic and electric, but I am at a loss as to how to plug in 3 while simultaneously muting the others not in use. I'd love to plug my electric into the instrument input and both my acoustics in the fx loop and be able to switch scenes and or presets according to which instrument I'm supposed to play for a given song, but I've tried every routing and panning possibility I can think of and nothing works out the way I want. Is this even possible? Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Begin routing w/ FX Loop block when you want acoustic. A vol/pan block immediately after FXL can select either acoustic via "input select" parameter.

Note that it's not possible to send acoustic sound to Output 2 in this scenario. If you echoed Out 1 to 2 (or routed to FX Loop) for monitoring or anything, you'd need to work out a different solution using Output 1 only, at least for these acoustic presets.

Like @Bakerman said, this might be possible (depending on what kind of effects you want to use) with some tricks.
I have attached a little preset I created from scratch:

Scene 1: Guitar from input connector using Amp + Cab-Block, output @ Out2
Scene 2: Guitar from FX-Return (Left) through PEQ (in case you need) to Out1 (Left)
Scene 3: Guitar from FX-Return (Right) through PEG to Out2 (Right)

From the routing, that's basically what I would do. Note that the left/right may not be perfect, since I have not tested it (just absolutely a scratch preset to give the feeling).
As for guitar through amp (coming out of Out2), you may or may not need a DI-Box.

Hope this gives you a start,

Attachments

• 3 Guitars scratch.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 6
I have found my acoustic patches are usually drastically different from my electric patches so no need to have a multi use preset.

I have been hired to play a show where I need to play electric, 6 string acoustic and 12 string acoustic at separate times throughout one show.
I have to do that for every show I play. I plug one in at a time. Why make things overly complicated when they don't need to be?

Maybe use something like a Mini Effects Gizmo to switch between guitars and use MIDI from the AX8 to change guitars per preset?

Maybe use something like a Mini Effects Gizmo to switch between guitars and use MIDI from the AX8 to change guitars per preset?
That would work and if you switching guitars in the middle of a song it would also be very handy, since midi would take care of the switching.

But why not something a little more simple and allot cheaper, especially if you dont have to swap guitars in the middle of a somg.
https://express.google.com/u/0/prod...9e-ARjAvZovIgNVU0QokOCX3AU&utm_campaign=15144

Back
Top Bottom