3 Doors Down using AxeFX

Rich5150

Experienced

Looks like the MFC, I find it very cool that so many are realizing what a great piece of gear it is.

amazing how long it takes some people to figure it out though... what we are on the 4th gen already? (standard, ultra, II, XL).

I would think any touring band, but especially those groups that aren't exactly doing huge label funded tours these days, would find great benefit in being able to travel with much less rig.

Its one thing for groups the size of U2 to have refrigerator sized racks, and plenty of techs on the payroll to keep it all running, but what if your not playing stadium ? What if you don't have semi's to haul your gear around ?

I think the Axe just makes so much sense, and obviously can pull of about any recorded guitar tone out there.

Just seems like a huge win/win/win/win for most any artist. Get your recorded tones live, each and every show, leave your rare/valuable gear safe at home, reduce the cost of freight, reduce the techs needed to keep it all running.

You've even got great redundancy in the event your Axe goes down on the road, I'm imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to pick up another one, load your patches, and your back in business.

I think this originates (in general) from guitar tech's rather than artists. It's their job to understand all the tools that you can use on the road, and also part of their job to look for ways to shave overhead. I'm sure that they take a look at all options, and any tech even remotely plugged in would have heard of the Axe FX. They would have tried it, and (knowing the artist), dialed in a few presets emulating their tone. (If I was a crafty tech, I'd put it in the mix during a practice session to see if they notice...) But most likely they say 'I found this new thing...give it a shot and see what you think'.

For under 10,000, they can have a full rig with 2 backup Axe II's, one backup MFC, and kiss the days of shipping amps goodbye. I would see more and more artists jumping on this (especially 3 Doors Down, since they are doing 'love our troops' tours pretty religiously. Like I said, this will originate with Tech's (who have huge ease of setup and use), and these guys talk to each other...

looks like it might be an axe in the rack his foot is on.

Doesn't look like a rack (lights?), and the edge of the stage with the faceplate towards the audience would be the worlds dummest place to put a rack in a pro production.

I think it's cool if they use Axe Fx, but so far we've "only" seen an MFC-101 not an Axe Fx and Cliff was not aware of them using Axe Fx's. The MFC could in theory be used with something else than an Axe Fx.

Doesn't look like a rack (lights?), and the edge of the stage with the faceplate towards the audience would be the worlds dummest place to put a rack in a pro production.

I think it's cool if they use Axe Fx, but so far we've "only" seen an MFC-101 not an Axe Fx and Cliff was not aware of them using Axe Fx's. The MFC could in theory be used with something else than an Axe Fx.

Yes, since the MFC is the best midifoot on the planet. If the AxeFx wasn't for me, the MFC would be my controller anyway.

Back
Top Bottom