3.04 transfer TAKING FOREVER FOREVER FOREVER!!!

shotgunn

Fractal Fanatic
Has this happened to anyone here? Mine shipped last week with 3.01. I updated to 3.02, and then 3.03. Both took maybe 90 seconds each. I'm 33% done @ about 3 minutes now.

If it doesn't finish, then there's a problem. It normally takes me a few minutes. I didn't really notice any significant difference between uploading 3.04 and previous versions.

My Ultra took a while. My II was super fast both times.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Did you use the same application to upload each time? Most use a built-in delay to avoid buffer overrun, but that delay may be different. If you used Axe-Edit, did it use a newer version of it this time? Did you change the MIDI Buffer Delay? Just throwing out some ideas--it really isn't important so long as the firmware gets uploaded successfully.

Yup. Axe Edit both times. Except I updated to .248 today. I'll check the buffer settings. It's probably done now I'll check in a minute.

Sent from my iPod.

What should I set it for?

Sent from my iPod.

Buffer size is 256 and 1ms.

Sent from my iPod.

I just checked on it. It worked. It just took forever. 1ms doesn't seem that long. Hmmm.

Sent from my iPod.

just did mine and it took about 10 min
i think all my upgrades took about that long
maybe i need to adjust something

I think mine ended up taking about 20 minutes. The forever forever forever was actually a quote from the movie The Sandlot. I guess nobody caught that one.

Sent from my iPod.

For me, the Axe II's communication speed depends on what else I've got plugged into USB. If I plug in my cell phone, MIDI communications take about ten times as long.

...The forever forever forever was actually a quote from the movie The Sandlot. I guess nobody caught that one.

If you woulda typed it like this.... "FOR-EV-ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" I probably would have "got it". ;) One of my all time fav movies. :)

I think mine ended up taking about 20 minutes. The forever forever forever was actually a quote from the movie The Sandlot. I guess nobody caught that one.

Well, you didn't tell us you had a flashlight under your chin as you were typing this... ;)

Back
Top Bottom