3.01 Tone Match BUGS?

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
Firmware 3.01

I've noticed some strange behavior in the Axe-Fx III Tone Match block? It seems to have something to do with the 'Live' vs 'Off-Line' modes?

When selecting an 'Off-line' 'tone matched' preset, The match sounds wrong until you select the 'Tone Match' block (Axe-Edit or hardware UI)? Unless you already have that block location selected before loading the preset.

When coming from an 'Off-line' 'tone matched' preset to a preset with a 'Live' setting, the match sounds wrong until you select the 'Tone Match' block? Unless you already have that block location selected before loading the preset.

When going directly from a non-tone matched (or blank) preset to a 'live' 'tone matched' preset, the match sounds as intended?

Also, If you switch an existing Tone Match from 'live' to 'Off-Line', and vise versa, and then turn the block off and on, it changes the match in the same way as mentioned above?

Two test preset included....
TMA Bug 1 is an 'Off-Line' match.
TMA Bug 2 is a 'Live' match of a 'Tilt' filter.

Attachments

• TMA BUG 2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
  • TMA BUG 1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Yes it does... Five months and no word yet?

I have not really used the Axe-Fx III Tone Match block yet. I have been staying with the Axe-Fx II for Matching because it's easier to convert between the other platforms. But I was working on something for an Axe-Fx III client and wanted to create it directly on the '3'. Maybe I will stick with the '2' for now?

There still is no 'Bugs' sub-forum, and it's not really cool to tag Cliff or Matt, etc... So these reports unfortunately just get lost sometimes.:confused:

Last edited:
I'll look into it.

There will be no bugs subforum because it will invariably get filled with the usual nonsense: "HELP, OMGURD, spilled a beer in my unit and now it won't boot. Is this a a bug?"
This is sort of understandable but you're still going to get those posts... They'll just be in a different section that will (IMO) make it harder to find real bugs that are posted. Can't win...

Fixed in 3.02?
This particular issue is fixed... Presets with 'Tone Match' blocks load in the mode that they were saved in.

But, there still seems to be an issue with the 'Offline' mode? At least when compared to how the Axe-Fx II 'Tone Match' block works?

Sine sweep through a 'Tilt' EQ as a test. Axe-Fx II vs Axe-Fx III, 'Offline' and 'Live' modes.

Also, if you switch from 'Live' to 'Offline' mode (and vise versa) after the match is complete, you get some strange results on the Axe-Fx III?

Axe-2 Tilt EQ.png Axe-2 Live TM.png Axe-2 Offline TM.png Axe-3 Live TM.png Axe-3 Offline TM.png Axe-3 Synth Sine Sweep.png

Here is the test preset used... 3.02 Beta 2

Attachments

• TMA BUG 3.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom