Fixed 3.01 'Multi-Comp' (and Comp) issues?

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
Having issues with (high-CPU) presets that contain a 'Multi-Comp' block? I have two that used to work fine in 1.06. They were at around 83% of the CPU and stable. Going to them in 2.00 or 3.01 locks up the unit.

Rolled back to 1.06, removed some stuff, then went back to 3.01. CPU is at around 78%. The presets runs, but the preset still acts like the CPU is too high... Scenes take a long time to switch... the editor becomes very sluggish, etc...?

Remove the 'Multi-Comp' block and it starts running much smoother/faster, even if I add other blocks that take the CPU back above 80%. A preset containing a 'Multi-Comp' block with the CPU% in the 70's still acts sluggish?
  1. Noticed that the 'Multi-Comp' block loads with different 'Crossover' parameter values than the preset was saved with on firmware 1.06?
  2. The 'Freq Range' parameter boxes are blank?
  3. 'Double-click' on one 'Crossover' parameter and both are changed?
  4. 'Double-click' on the other 'Crossover' parameter (of a freshly loaded preset) and both are changed? But with different values?
  5. Resetting the channel, or loading a new one from scratch loads some strange default 'Crossover' values (500Hz) for the High band
The reworked 'Comp' blocks are also loading with different settings than what they were saved with on firmware 1.06. Haven't tested to see if it is all models, or just certain ones?

Having similar issues. Messing about with a couple of presets and the multi-comp in use and FM3 Edit is nearly unusable after a short while.

I have a bug with my multiband comp on FW 3.01 as well. The highband crossover reverts to 576 Hz after rebooting the FM3. I tried saving in FM3 EDIT and on the unit with same results.

CPU metering at 64-65%

Preset attached.

Attachments

• BASS Start 20210129.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I have a bug with my multiband comp on FW 3.01 as well. The highband crossover reverts to 576 Hz after rebooting the FM3. I tried saving in FM3 EDIT and on the unit with same results.

CPU metering at 64-65%

Preset attached.
Has this been confirmed as a bug yet? I have turned off my multi-band compressor block for the mean time because I got tired or re-programming my high band crossover every time I turn on my FM3.

Has this been confirmed as a bug yet? I have turned off my multi-band compressor block for the mean time because I got tired or re-programming my high band crossover every time I turn on my FM3.
Sorry for the the delayed response. We haven't had the chance to look at it yet. It's still on our radar and we will get to it.

Also, thank you for the preset! That is always helpful.

Back
Top Bottom