3.0.7 is BUGGIN out!

brianv4

Fractal Fanatic
running axe FW 18 b7 with mfc 3.0.7. keep getting a timeout error (i reset bank 5 to 4 and back like last update). also having trouble controlling the looper. yikes!! anyone else? if not, suggestions?

the update went fine, no issues but man this thing is freakin' out. display flickers right before the timeout message appears. i select a program, it's jumps around and ends up on 10. the looper isn't working at all. *%&%&)#$%^!!!!! for now, gonna try reloading 3.0.6

crap, still screwed. doing the same thing. guess it's not the FW. i had the axe unplugged while loading the FW, cycled power, reset bank, assigned IA switches. don't know what else except call tech support monday. glad i'm not gigging tonight

well i gave it one more shot with 3.0.7. the trouble began when i added the looper to a few presets so I removed it and all is well again. could possibly be something weird with the looper block and reveal in 18b7 and 3.0.7??

Probably with new fw the MFC is right now in XL mode and Fas link mode ... If you use something different you should enter the setup menu and check this 2 things out ... I use AF2 and Expansion ... So... [emoji6]

i'm using a II with FAS link. triple checked settings, everything is right. It's an issue with the looper. I now have 3.0.7 loaded and as long as I don't add a looper block everything is normal

so much for the "looper" theory. it's freakin out again. anyone else having problems with their mfc since updating to 3.0.7?

Did you change the mode to the correct unit ? install notes say it will default to XL+ so if you have a II or XL this could be the issue maybe ?

I have both mark II of both Axe and MFC units, latest updates, using a cat5e for connecting and played for 6 hours last night with no issues at all and tested every block, every controller, and every modifier, so it looks like it's probably not in the FW/Software.

thanks. i'm using fas link on an mfc mkIII via a fas link adaptor to my axe II (mark I?). fas link always seemed to respond slower than cat5 to me. think I'll switch back to see if that makes any difference. If not, off to support i guess.

Hi guys, just posted on MFC issues forum too..So Ive had exactly the same problems since updating to both firmware 18.01 and MFC 3.07. Looper doesn't engage and function correctly unless I highlight it on axe edit..really weird behaviour!!!
I'm also having some timeout errors which is totally Frustrating!
last night at rehearsals I lost MFC for a while with the dreaded AXE FX TIMEOUT SYNDROME MESSAGE!..thankfully it came back after a couple of reboots and I'm grateful and relieved this wasn't at a gig.
Someone on the other thread said he went back to 3.06 and all was back to normal..but I see that you've tried that Brian so I may be wasting my time switching back.. Im also noticing some issues with Scenes switching in respect of latency between scenes..again this has never been a problem in the past for me..appreciate any thoughts, help and advice on this please.
Im connected via Faslink to an XL..

Went back to 3.06 and it seems to have solved the Looper problem and the switching between scenes now seems back to normal. Only problem I had was the dreaded 'name timeout' on the mfc happened again after I loaded the firmware, but it came back in the first reboot...I'm anxious about this happening again thou especially at a gig.

Maybe you can go check the support page, it seems that FW 3.08 has landed. The release note says something about fixing the looper control mode bug.

so i had a chance this morning to switch from faslink back to the expansion port and so far (fingers crossed) it seems to be working properly. so i'm on fw 3.0.8 using cat5 cable instead of the faslink adaptor. if i get through the day w/o issue i guess my problem is with the adaptor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom