3.0.4 Communication Time-out (FIXED)

WatersDeep

Inspired
I keep getting a Communication timeout in axe edit 3.04 on FW 13.02. I am running Windows 7 64bit.

axecomerror.jpg

I will be editing a preset and then decide to change preset without saving. I select the new one and the progress bar on axe edit starts to do its thing and then I get this popup message I attached. I end up having to close the program, kill the USB process in task manager, then power cycle the Axe FX before I can gain access to anything again. If I try to launch axe edit a second time it will blank the screen on the Axe FX. So far this has happened to me 3 times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, have the same problems "from time to time" since yesterday. I'm using W7 professionnal on a Dell Lattitude labtob
It seems to be related with manipulating directly on the Axe Fx while having AE connected. Have a lot of difficulties to enter Control values from the AE screen, then enter on the Axe Fx. Then there "sometimes" comes up this error when wanting to close the control value screen. Reinitializing the Axe Fx and AE most of the time will make rework it all. One time I had to restart my PC.

Had a blocked screen (on the axe fx) problem one time yesterday.

I was not editing on the front panel, only within Axe Edit and have continued to experience this issue. Seems after I reset/reboot everything, I can edit a preset, then not save and switch to another one time. Then the second and on occasion the third preset I move to this would occur again. Very frustrating because I have to power cycle the Axe FX and kill all the processes. I will try later to uninstall/re-install Axe Edit, the USB driver and re-flash the FW to see if that makes any difference. If not, I may have to revert back to 3.03 just to have the stability assuming that will still work on FW13.02. If it still has the same issue, then that would tell me its the FW. I will post back once I've gone though all these steps.

I am wondering if this bug is being worked on and planned for any upcoming release. 5 crashes today and I imagine it cant be good to power cycle this so much. I keep debating a rollback to 12.04.

I saw a post from Cliff that they are working on this and there would be a fix shortly.

In the meantime I'm just going to edit using the front panel of the Axe Fx itself. No biggie.

I am wondering if this bug is being worked on and planned for any upcoming release. 5 crashes today and I imagine it cant be good to power cycle this so much. I keep debating a rollback to 12.04.

This is good to hear as I'm having multiple crashes. Very frustrating. Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

any news on the fix? I even tried downgrading to AE 3.0.3 but i keep getting the error message

Release 3.0.5 February 11, 2014

NEW FEATURES
1. Multiple File Drag and Drop from Finder/Explorer/Desktop – Drop multiple presets or cabs into Axe-Manage to import.

ISSUES ADDRESSED
- Fixed a bug in Axe-Edit that caused the Axe-Fx II to lock up while switching presets.
- Modified the Picker Window to correctly show the underline in the bottom row for the currently selected preset.

Back
Top Bottom