2x12 mono/stereo wiring - please explain this diagram

maxdown

Fractal Fanatic
I'm so crap at this sorry :)

I'm transplanting an old pre-wired cab input back plate into a new cab and I can't remember what the wiring type is - parallel or serial when just one jack is inserted and the cab operates in mono. Never ended up using the donor cab so can't recall what the wiring type was when 'mono'. I'd assume parallel but just want to make sure.

Cab has 2 x 8 Ohm 150W speakers

I do know that:

1. If I plug 2 jacks in I am in stereo - each input goes to it's own speaker (150W @ 8 Ohms rating)

2. If I plug just one jack in (doesn't matter which input used) it switches to Mono and both speakers are activated - and I just want confirmation if its a serial or parallel connection and what the wattage and impedance rating is.

2x12_wiring_whatisthis.png

Thanks

I'm so crap at this sorry :)

I'm transplanting an old pre-wired cab input back plate into a new cab and I can't remember what the wiring type is - parallel or serial when just one jack is inserted and the cab operates in mono. Never ended up using the donor cab so can't recall what the wiring type was when 'mono'. I'd assume parallel but just want to make sure.

Cab has 2 x 8 Ohm 150W speakers

I do know that:

1. If I plug 2 jacks in I am in stereo - each input goes to it's own speaker (150W @ 8 Ohms rating)

2. If I plug just one jack in (doesn't matter which input used) it switches to Mono and both speakers are activated - and I just want confirmation if its a serial or parallel connection and what the wattage and impedance rating is.

2x12_wiring_whatisthis.png

Thanks
Parallel, 4 Ohm, 300 W

Back
Top Bottom