2x FC-6 serving as FC-12?

Sean Ashe

Power User
I’ve been fooling around with connecting another FC6 to the 3. My aim is to be able to switch layouts, while also displaying two separate views

I can’t seem to find any luck with getting the 2nd FC6 to follow the FC1 AND maintain View 2. It resets to View 1 when loading a new layout.

in this exact case, I’m trying to utilize the FC12 layouts from the Austin Buddy bundle. And, reason for two FC6 vs 12 is I have one FC6 parked with the III, and one I use with the FM3.

If I’m missing something, any help would be much appreciated. If this is not yet possible, then this is a request :) could see it being really useful for consolidating layouts. Using one layout with two views instead of two layouts with (maybe) unused views.

Yeah, I have one FC6 set up to switch between presets and scenes layouts, and the other set up to stay put on a layout of effects and control switches that vary per preset.

I might be able to help with your requirement.

Yeah, I have one FC6 set up to switch between presets and scenes layouts, and the other set up to stay put on a layout of effects and control switches that vary per preset.

I might be able to help with your requirement.

I see, is that somewhat similar to OMG9 for FM3 ( if you're aware?)

I essentially want it to be set up that as I change layouts, they change on both FC6 with FC#2 maintaining view #2 the whole time. I see the value in also being able to have it parked on one layout, which i think I understand, but perhaps your method would enlighten me on how to accomplish what I'm after.

I see, is that somewhat similar to OMG9 for FM3 ( if you're aware?)

I essentially want it to be set up that as I change layouts, they change on both FC6 with FC#2 maintaining view #2 the whole time. I see the value in also being able to have it parked on one layout, which i think I understand, but perhaps your method would enlighten me on how to accomplish what I'm after.
I don't have direct experience with OMG9, as I don't have the FM3, butI have some experience with setting up dual FC layouts.

In my setup, I split duties beteeen mine, so FC #1 has basic 'navigation' and scenes, while FC #2 holds stuff that is specific to the loaded preset.

How are you switching layouts, first of all?

I don't have direct experience with OMG9, as I don't have the FM3, butI have some experience with setting up dual FC layouts.

In my setup, I split duties beteeen mine, so FC #1 has basic 'navigation' and scenes, while FC #2 holds stuff that is specific to the loaded preset.

How are you switching layouts, first of all?
I see, I’m using the Austin buddy presets and was intending on using his fc12 settings. But in your case you must have each fc on a separate layout. I want the layouts to change on both fc in tandem but with FC2, being exclusively view 2 (to fit the fc12 layouts)

I see, I’m using the Austin buddy presets and was intending on using his fc12 settings. But in your case you must have each fc on a separate layout. I want the layouts to change on both fc in tandem but with FC2, being exclusively view 2 (to fit the fc12 layouts)
I will have to check to see which AB layouts I have loaded (and tweaked) in my rig as alternate layouts for poking around in the Naked Amps pack which I have loaded in preset banks 3 and 4. Maybe I have tweaks in there already that will be handy....

Which of the AB FC12 layouts were you planning on using? The pack I have comes with 8.

AB1_FC-12_PRESETS.fclayout
AB2_FC-12_SCENES.fclayout
AB3_FC-12_MAIN EFX1.fclayout
AB4-FC-12_EFX 2.fclayout
AB5_FC-12_LOOPER.fclayout
AB6_FC-12_AMPCONTROLLERS.fclayout
AB7_FC-12_PERFORM_1.fclayout
AB8_FC-12_PERFORM_2.fclayout

I just loaded them all in my AxeFX3, and am looking them over. It doesn't look like it will be terribly hard to get the set to behave like an FC12 cleaved down the middle, if that's what you're after. Got #1 (PRESETS) adjusted so far. The key to loading the second view on the second FC6 is the Layout Links. Whichever layout is being switched to on the tap or hold, adding the same layout, but view #2 on the corresponding layout link for FC#2 should get this thing working.

K, so when the Layout switches are on the right half of the FC-12, I had to flip the switch to choose View #2 of the desired layout, and use the Layout Link to switch the left half of the layout over on FC#1, but it seems to have been a successful separation of the co-joined twins.... :)

ALL 9 LAYOUTS HERE

Sorry for the totally late response to this, this is exactly what I had in mind! Thank you so very much. I still vote for a 'default view' or 'starting view' for the FCs ;D

Really appreciate your time and effort Joe!

Sorry for the totally late response to this, this is exactly what I had in mind! Thank you so very much. I still vote for a 'default view' or 'starting view' for the FCs ;D

Really appreciate your time and effort Joe!
Gotsta stick up for the fellow dual-FC6 folks.
We are few and far between....

Back
Top Bottom