2min Oldschool type of Song made totally in 30min / Mesa / Ownhammer

Glad that you find it encouraging. The fact that i've been doing this "recording template" type of thing long time now, is the neverending process of getting better at everything as the time passes by. I have also played and still play in 2 bands atm and i mix projects also. So roughly you can say that these little recordings and mixing sessions of my own songs and demo stuff for my bands are somewhat templates for future use as i said, it makes this fast writing so possible, as i know already in advance what i need to do and i have the samples and all figured out. This all might seem like a mess, but really isn't so much of an effort anymore. :) Im doing all inside REAPER, with superior drummer and steven slate samples (how surprising) then it's just a blending, routing mixing and parallel compressing etc. etc. normal mixing stuff.

I gotta say, for the new album of Less Than Three it was nice to mix the raw signals of the drumkit to meet my standards of a good sound, then blending actually these samples that you hear on this song also roughly 40-50% with the natural kit. Im really happy with the results so far!

This is now my alarm clock.

Back
Top Bottom