2290 W/ Mod help

Doubleneck

Inspired
I’m trying to replicate a 2290 W/Mod preset from the Axe-Fx XL+ to the Axe-Fx III.

In the XL+ the 2290 W/Mod used to have a configuration page (no longer there on Axe-Fx II) that you could set to Ping-Pong.
I saved the block in Blocks Library and ported over to the III using FracTool. Screen shot attached.
Axe-Fx III Block Library.png
Oddly enough it shows the same Time/FB page layout as they older XL+ preset w/out the Config page until I reset the block.

When I reset the 2290 W/Mod Block, the Time/FB page layout has changed. (L/R Time Ratio value no longer there)
The Config Page (set to Ping-Pong) is no longer there.
Axe-Fx III Block Library Reset.png
How do I replicate this effect?

Did it sound as expected when imported?

This seems like there's still a hidden config parameter, and "type" selects a config while adjusting other parameters. Your imported block might be the closest match possible already. To get there from block defaults you'd need to make a note of the 2290 defaults (EQ/mod) then select ping-pong and adjust those parameters to match.

I'm guessing a sysex command can still set config. If so it could be used to quickly get other configs like on the II without altering EQ, mod, etc.

as far as i'm aware, the "type" parameter has been removed in the 3, which means you can no longer turn a mono delay into a stereo one. you could recreate the original by using the ping pong delay and then copying the eq, modulation and phase settings from the original

Put an LFO on the Echo Pan..
Then you can do all sorts of even cooler panning stuff with that & the different LFO types.. and if ya really want to get creative you can add another LFO on the Depth of that LFO to give ya some variety of how far in & out or randomize etc each pan goes. :cool:
Or you could run the delay in parallel and run the panner after. That’s another way too.

Last edited:
Did it sound as expected when imported?

This seems like there's still a hidden config parameter, and "type" selects a config while adjusting other parameters. Your imported block might be the closest match possible already. To get there from block defaults you'd need to make a note of the 2290 defaults (EQ/mod) then select ping-pong and adjust those parameters to match.

I'm guessing a sysex command can still set config. If so it could be used to quickly get other configs like on the II without altering EQ, mod, etc.

Yeah, it sounds spot on, I'll try ping-pong and see if sounds the same.

as far as i'm aware, the "type" parameter has been removed in the 3, which means you can no longer turn a mono delay into a stereo one. you could recreate the original by using the ping pong delay and then copying the eq, modulation and phase settings from the original

I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom