Bug? 2290 not working in 13.02 (NOT A BUG)

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
Any preset that I have a 2290 delay in, the 2290 delay doesn't work at all. I tried switching to several other delay types and they all worked fine. Any presets I have that use other types of delays are working. Just not the 2290. Everything else in general seems to be working fine so far with the new firmware. The 2290 was working on all my presets fine when I was still on 12.02. I recently updated to 13.02 and noticed the 2290 didn't work.

Update:
Solved the problem. Under the Tone/Duck tab for the 2290 the phase reverse was set to "right". I set it to "none" and the delay started working again.

Update: Just discovered my stereo mixer was panned to the center and not left and right like it normally is. I panned the channels back hard left and right and the 2290 worked fine, even without me setting the phase reverse to "none".

Last edited by a moderator:
Any preset that I have a 2290 delay in, the 2290 delay doesn't work at all. I tried switching to several other delay types and they all worked fine. Any presets I have that use other types of delays are working. Just not the 2290. Everything else in general seems to be working fine so far with the new firmware. The 2290 was working on all my presets fine when I was still on 12.02. I recently updated to 13.02 and noticed the 2290 didn't work.

Drag the delay block so that it is after your amp, and possibly also after your CAB block. Now do you hear the repeats?

Chris alluded to this, but basically the 2290 sounds the way it does because the left and right side stereo repeats are 180 degrees out of phase with each other. If you put the delay block before your amp block, you are sending both sides of the delay through the amp and combining them. Since they are out of phase, they cancel each other and you can't hear the repeats anymore. So you can't use the delay block before an amp, when it's in 2290 mode.

Last edited:
Check in I/O ... Maybe You have mono settings which means as Chris stated .... Probably phase cancellation

Solved the problem. Under the Tone/Duck tab for the 2290 the phase reverse was set to "right". I set it to "none" and the delay started working again.

Update: Just discovered my stereo mixer was panned to the center and not left and right like it normally is. I panned the channels back hard left and right and the 2290 worked fine, even without me setting the phase reverse

So there is no bug. It was user error.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom