2290 Delay - Amazing

bread

Power User
If you haven't tried the 2290 delay yet, you're missing a trick - this block is simply stunning.

I use it with a medium spring reverb on my high gain channel and its super lush. Tried it out last night at rehearsals and couldn't stop grinning.

For those unfamiliar with the 2290 delay type: you need to run your rig in stereo, or you will hear no delay trails at all (because of phase cancellation).

It's an amazing effect, because the stereo spread goes beyond the monitors.
In other words, you'll hear the delay trails "outside" the regular spectrum: to the left of the left monitor and to the right of the right monitor, depending on your position.

For those unfamiliar with the 2290 delay type: you need to run your rig in stereo, or you will hear no delay trails at all (because of phase cancellation).

It's an amazing effect, because the stereo spread go beyond the monitors.
In other words, you'll hear the delay trails "outside" the regular spectrum: to the left of the left monitor and to the right of the right monitor, depending on your position.

I can have it in mono as well ?

I mainly use it with a pair of tubemeister 36 amps in stereo but its also good in mono too.

2290.jpg

I can have it in mono as well ?

I mainly use it with a pair of tubemeister 36 amps in stereo but its also good in mono too.

Yes, if you prevent phase cancellation when summing to mono (by adjusting the Config or adjusting Phase Reverse), it sounds nice in mono as well, but not as great as in glorious stereo. :)

Where the Streets have no name wouldn't sound like it does without the 2290. :)

That sounds amazing. Obviously I've heard the song many times, but to hear the main part in isolation like that is superb.

Would you mind sharing the preset? Or would it be the same as the Nameless Streets one on the FX8?

If you want my 2290 block then it's in this preset in block position #7. I sent the whole preset as its easier.

Scenes 1,2,3 clean
Scenes 4&5 crunch (the same)
Scenes 6,7,8 lead (8 boosted)

Have fun.....

Only just seen this. Thank you very much, am looking forward to trying it out.

A
Where the Streets have no name wouldn't sound like it does without the 2290. :)

actually, THE EDGE makes it sound the way it is. I've heard him play it in a hotel room with a fender blues amp amp and a cheesy old memory man and it still sounds beautiful . Go figure!

Back
Top Bottom