• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

2022 Winter NAMM in June?

USMC_Trev

Fractal Fanatic
They combined Summer and Winter NAMM. Makes more sense to me. Never understood the need for two shows.
Marketing is a never-ending wheel. Same reason why there's multiple air shows and car shows. E3 and SEMA, all the conventions. Gotta get the word out. See and be seen.

GlennO

Fractal Fanatic
It was inevitable. Everyone has been expecting an announcement it would be cancelled, so the 6 month postponement is, relatively speaking, good news. That unfortunately means there won't be a nashville namm next year, but nobody cares about that anyway :).

Billbill

Power User
I've never been to a NAMM show but after 30yrs of playing I've always wanted to go to one? I've watched almost every YouTube namm video showcasing new gear, vintage gear all that great stuff. I know musicians that normally show up at a namm are likely on a whole different level, my only fear is that it would be the equivalent of walking into a guitar center on a Saturday and there's 7000 things going on hearing nearly all of them at once and the dome is ready to explode!!! I guess it's a side affect of "hearing everything". Is that what it's like?

Diego

Fractal Fanatic
Unfortunately Anaheim in winter is fine (and reasonable cheep for us European guys), in summer with Disney park season at its max is very expensive (hotels) and flight prices are already in "holiday range" and not business range... I hope this is only for 2022 and we can come back to see in winter in LA and summer in Nashville... just my though...

USMC_Trev

Fractal Fanatic
I've never been to a NAMM show but after 30yrs of playing I've always wanted to go to one? I've watched almost every YouTube namm video showcasing new gear, vintage gear all that great stuff. I know musicians that normally show up at a namm are likely on a whole different level, my only fear is that it would be the equivalent of walking into a guitar center on a Saturday and there's 7000 things going on hearing nearly all of them at once and the dome is ready to explode!!! I guess it's a side affect of "hearing everything". Is that what it's like?
Yes it’s pretty much that.

Top Bottom