2021 > Let's Talk FM3 & Fuzz Pedals (Hardware and included FM3 Drives)

Chevron

I am a big fan of Fuzz pedals, and love the offerings in the FM3. Specifically the Bender Fuzz and Face Fuzz - these are the 2 I've discovered first that I am enjoying but no doubt the others are good too...

In my arsenal is also a hardware Fuzz Factory and vintage BIg Muff, and both sound really good in front of the FM3.

I am about to go on a journey of discovery and explore more Fuzz Pedals, and get deeper in to the Fuzz options on the FM3.

The hardware Fuzz pedals that have interested me recently have been the Vemuram Myriad Fuzz (Josh Smith's collab with Vemuram that just sounds so awesome and versatile), Benson Fuzz (with interesting input circuitry and impedance control) and the Crazy Tube Constellation Fuzz - which is a multi-option Fuzz pedal with a selection on iconic Fuzz sounds.

Any other hardware boxes I should check out? I like raunchy, dirty Fuzz sounds - and here's a video fo Josh S playing some really cool Fuzz tones

Any tips for getting the most of the Fuzz options in the FM3? Perhaps building a Drive pedal from scratch?

Any tips on using hardware Fuzz pedals with the FM3? Maybe running the pedal in the loop vs the input, using a buffer after the Fuzz etc?

I’m in this camp. Just getting back into the FM3 after a hiatus and want to make sure I am not missing anything in the fuzz department. Considering buying a IK Multimedia buffer/boost/DI device that they sell. It has a variable impedance control and I’m thinking that could work with the FM3.
My previous experience with the FM3 left me wanting something more authentic in response. However, I was on firmware 2 or something at the time, so we’ll see if my experience with Cygnus and an updated drive block changes things.

Back
Top Bottom