2020 Laney LFR-212 800 Watt FRFR Powered Cab

Really curious about this. Hoping they announce pricing and availability soon. I'm guessing / hoping the pricing is going to undercut the competition. If it sounds decent, I might give this a shot over my traditional cab setup. It helps that it looks great.

Andertons has posted a pre-order on these for £499 with estimated delivery of Feb 3. They sell the 1x12 version of this for £329. An additional £170 for another speaker and 600 more watts seems quite reasonable.

Unfortunately, I'm not in the UK so some extrapolation and total guess work makes me think these will be somewhere in the neighborhood of $800 - $1000 each from U.S dealers. The 1x12 costs $629 in the US - an almost $200 or 45% price increase over the currency converted UK price of $435. If you apply the same math - £499 converted to US = $659, add either a flat $200 to get to you $859 OR 45%(approx $300) to get you to $959. I hope my math is wrong on that, at that price it seems a little less competitive. All guess work on my part, just pulling on threads.

The bright side is Thomann will probably carry these and their shipping to the U.S is dirt cheap. If their pricing holds true for how much they're selling the 1x12 for, these will probably be about $500 + $33 for U.S. shipping. If that ends of being true I'm going to have a hard time NOT buying one the day they become available.

Back
Top Bottom