2019 Grammy Nominations!

Really? It’s nothing but an auto tuned production.

I’m 55 and I’m so glad I grew up when I did, when it comes to music. I guess it’s all relative.
so? it's fun, has a good groove/melody...what more do you want from a Top 40 song?

If you're young you wouldn't know any better because this would be the music you're used too. And boring old farts are always boring old farts, they were so when I was young. I'd kill to be young again, not so much because young is always better, but A: it sucks getting older as parts of your body start to fall apart (had a part of a tooth breaking off last week), and B: knowing what I know I could do so much more with my life. That's the perverse trick that the universe plays on us. The young have energy, stamina, can do everything they want, but they lack experience, wouldn't know what to do with their vigor and are at times insufferable to live with. And the old have experience, know life's tricks, but lack the energy and stamina to do, are no longer able to take advantage of their wisdom, and when they try to pass on their wisdom to the young nobody listens because everyone considers them a bunch of boring old farts.

And thus we are doomed to forever make the same mistakes over and over again. The universe has a sick sense of humor indeed.

pretty sure i'm close to as old or older than most of you guys, and can definitely still enjoy and appreciate a lot of the stuff on that list. no need to stay stuck in the past.

Rival Sons, Gary Clarke Jnr, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Tool, BMTH, Killswitch - there's some great guitar music in there! Lizzo is worth checking out too, her stuff has a bit of a Prince vibe at times.

Back
Top Bottom