2013 Grammys in 10 words or less

Seems as if root rock and country and folk have merged and that is what is now popular. Also people who cant really play their instruments.

Why, back in my day, there was REAL music. Not like these screaming kids these days! They don't know what music is, they've got no talent, they can't actually sing, they don't play their instruments...

Ooooh, I just got a swirling deja vu...getting sucked into a space-time warp...

Seems as if root rock and country and folk have merged and that is what is now popular...
Like I said: "2013 Grammys - Music rebooted! Guitar rebooted to the civil war".

There were live bands, real instruments, and they banished autotune for the most part which means artists were actually TRYING to sing. That's a musical reboot of past Grammys where lipsyncing stunt girls, vocoder robot singing, and rap artists were doing all the performances.

Problem now is the new acts have rebooted to the civil war on guitar. And the players are apes - strumming only, no fingerpicking, no leads. Guitar playing is set to suffer through another artistic backslide. But instead of banishing solos and devolving to garage-band electric guitar like grunge in the 90's, it's been sent back 100 years to acoustics only and then stripped of any playing skill - yikes!!

The only redeeming performance, was the one honoring Levon Helms, they rocked it. That chick from Alabama Shakes was pretty good as well. it's Music folks, it might not be your music, nor mine, but it's music none the less. I will be in Austin texas in a few weeks time for SXSW listening to a bunch of new musicians and some old, I can't wait.

Scott, I'm playing several gigs at SXSW with The Swear (The Swear | Home). Hope to run into you!

Thanks, Scott. I appreciate that. Hope to see you there.

FYI, Thursday, March 14 RedGorilla Music Festival at midnight, Friday, March 15 Heart of Texas Rockfest mainstage at 4pm.

Back
Top Bottom