2 verve 12ma to do small clubs? as FOH.

Brick_top

Power User
With only guitar and backing tracks?

Is it possible that I would need additional monitoring?

I guess they can be just at the sides in stands a little behind me and I could play comfortably?

Thanks

They would be more than loud enough. The only question is the configuration of the room / stage, and whether you can set them up behind you (so that you don't need an additional monitor).

Oh, I forgot to mention: The 2mA's have very good dispersion, so they are in fact quite easy to use for both self-monitoring and FOH at once. You don't need to put them very far behind you to get good monitoring. And the fact that they can be places as wedges or upright (on anything to get them off the floor) also adds to the ease of use. You'll probably be fine, regarless of the stage setup.

I guess it only becomes a problem if you are going to use a mic (singing/announcements).

Marco

I did this very thing with the 12m's and it worked like a charm. I didn't have any issues with mic feed back or monitoring my self. Played to roughly 70 people and it sounded fine.

Brick_top said:
You mean you played guitar and sang aswell?

By the way what kind of music was it?

Yes, the type of music was P&W, I wanted to give them a try in a PA setting. Our church's main sanctuary has been undergoing a remodel and we have had to use a way smaller room and have been using an old pair of 15" JBL's for that room which is roughly 40X80. When I placed the Verves on the poles the differance was night and day. Even the other team members mentioned how much better it sounded. My mic was roughly 4-5 feet infront of the main (to monitor) and no feebcack at all with moderate volumes.

Sixstring said:
Brick_top said:
You mean you played guitar and sang aswell?

Yes, the type of music was P&W, I wanted to give them a try in a PA setting. Our church's main sanctuary has been undergoing a remodel and we have had to use a way smaller room and have been using an old pair of 15" JBL's for that room which is roughly 40X80. When I placed the Verves on the poles the differance was night and day. Even the other team members mentioned how much better it sounded. My mic was roughly 4-5 feet infront of the main (to monitor) and no feebcack at all with moderate volumes.

Good to know that :)

Sorry about the ignorance but what is P&W? would that be Praise and Worship?

I'm portuguese

Brick_top said:
Sixstring said:
[quote="Brick_top":s3v2e0rr]You mean you played guitar and sang aswell?

Good to know that :)

Sorry about the ignorance but what is P&W? would that be Praise and Worship?

I'm portuguese[/quote:s3v2e0rr]

That's quite all right... yes it's short for Praise and Worship.

Back
Top Bottom