• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish 2 supply sag, supply sag output 1:on/off , supply sag output 2:on/off

venen

New here
Good day, I hope the translation is correct since I'm using google traslate of.
I would like that in the amp block, there are two supply sag, 1 for output 1 and one for output 2, supply sag output 1: on / off, output sag suplly 2: on / off, this way you can use at the same time frfr and foh without repeating the entire chain of effects in parallel as manual, thus much cpu usage would save says. Thank you.

yek

This is not really possible. Because every block after the AMP block would have to process TWO signals (one with SAG, and one without SAG) instead of one.
Even if every block would support this, it would probably double the CPU usage.

venen

New here
This is not really possible. Because every block after the AMP block would have to process TWO signals (one with SAG, and one without SAG) instead of one.
Even if every block would support this, it would probably double the CPU usage.

what a shame, because in every update improves both sound to be consuming more resources (high quality reverb, pre for cabins, etc) and it is impossible to have both frfr as foh while no cpu that can withstand Thanks response by

yek

If you use FOH and FRFR, you would leave SAG on for both.

You would only turn off SAG when using a tube power amp and traditional cabinet.

venen

New here
accurate, so I used it before using foh and frfr while now and I have to decide for one because the cpu resource usage does not allow me to use 2 at the same time. thanks for replying

jlynnb1

Fractal Fanatic
i don't feel like the op understands...you don't need two different settings for frfr and foh....you'd use the same for both.

(just trying to reinforce what you were saying, yek)

Reactions: yek

venen

New here
i don't feel like the op understands...you don't need two different settings for frfr and foh....you'd use the same for both.

(just trying to reinforce what you were saying, yek)
I liked using the scenario 4x12 cab and power amplifier but soundman console output sound via frfr. foh used onstage by output 2 but people listened for frfr with output 1. Not the same configuration as the output 2, the supply sag had to be 0, and the output 1 power supply sag.

venen

New here
Put your fxl and cab block at the end of chain. You dont need 2 rows of same fx after your amp block.
yeah, that's what I do now, put the fxl and cab at the end of the chain, but what we are saying in this conversation is that you can not use both output 1 frfr and output 2 foh as the supply sag has to be turned to frfr and off to foh (or global option off the power amp modeling)

venen

New here
Put your fxl and cab block at the end of chain. You dont need 2 rows of same fx after your amp block.
if I understand what you say, and I do so, but output 2, to be on the power amp modeling in the global menu, the sound from the 4x12 cab sounds ugly. Do as you mention me, but can not be used simultaneously output 1 and output 2 frfr foh, since the power supply amp modeling or sag must be located either on or off.

yek

I liked using the scenario 4x12 cab and power amplifier but soundman console output sound via frfr. foh used onstage by output 2 but people listened for frfr with output 1. Not the same configuration as the output 2, the supply sag had to be 0, and the output 1 power supply sag.
What's confusing is that you call your onstage setup "foh". That's not foh. FOH = Front of House, and is the same as the main console output, which is also the same as FRFR.

So it seems that you're using a power amp and cab onstage. What power amp do you use?

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I think I understand what he wants. He wants power amp simulations on for one output and off for the other.

This is not possible.

jlynnb1

Fractal Fanatic
well yeah, had he mentioned he was using a cab and power amp in his OP we'd have been able to take care of this with one post, lol.

venen

New here
I think I understand what he wants. He wants power amp simulations on for one output and off for the other.

This is not possible.
exact cliff, he understood me perfectly consultation, thanks for replying, take the opportunity to congratulate him on the excellent work, every day I read in the forum but rarely commented on the difference in language. congratulations on the best team I've ever had !!!

666was999

Forum Addict
Two amp blocks in two parallel chains could do the trick.
But even when you could do it, it wouldn't be a good solution.
The main idea behind every monitor is to allow you to hear exactly what signal you send to the mixing console.
When that what you hear on stage is way different from what you send to the mixer, how can you tell if your signal is ok or if it's garbage? You can't! It could sound terrible and you wouldn't even notice that.
My best advice: Get an active FRFR.

venen

New here
Two amp blocks in two parallel chains could do the trick.
But even when you could do it, it wouldn't be a good solution.
The main idea behind every monitor is to allow you to hear exactly what signal you send to the mixing console.
When that what you hear on stage is way different from what you send to the mixer, how can you tell if your signal is ok or if it's garbage? You can't! It could sound terrible and you wouldn't even notice that.
My best advice: Get an active FRFR.

Exactly, I already have an active frfr and also have a 4x12 cab with power amplifier, and consulted to use 2 at the same time simultaneously, but cliff and said he can not, except using 2 parallel strings but it consumes too many resources cpu.

Top Bottom