2 stones and 1 bird....wait? I need help.....

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Axe Fx III and FC12 unit. Want the preset choosen, to not auto load anything until I look and see what is available(stays on last sound until then).

Also I have FC12 to where within a preset I have 6 scenes and 5 effects to choose from within the 12 buttons available. As is when I turn off delay within scene 5 then it would be off in scene 1 when I programmed scene 1 to have delay ON. Please advise. Thx

If you're referring to scene names with the first thing, currently there isn't a way to do that.

Toggling an effect normally shouldn't affect its bypass state in another scene. Is it possible you assigned a control switch as bypass modifier, instead of a normal delay bypass switch? Does this happen with every effect? It might be a good idea to post the preset.

Make sure all your bank switches have the Preset Load option set to None. That lets you change banks without changing presets.

Make sure all your bank switches have the Preset Load option set to None. That lets you change banks without changing presets.

I used this with the MFC-101 which I used with the Axe-Fx II. But where the heck is this setting in the Axe-FX III or the FC controllers? I would like to use it too but I never found this setting somewhere!

In settings for each bank switch in your layouts. Bank Toggle, Bank Select, and Bank Increment/Decrement switches should all have that setting.

Oh yes, I found it! Thanks!
But since I use a bank size of 1 this still doesn't work like expected... seems I have to spend a little bit more time with it.

If you're referring to scene names with the first thing, currently there isn't a way to do that.

Toggling an effect normally shouldn't affect its bypass state in another scene. Is it possible you assigned a control switch as bypass modifier, instead of a normal delay bypass switch? Does this happen with every effect? It might be a good idea to post the preset.
See attached, Thanks!

Attachments

• MAIN_20200605_212134.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
It doesn't look like there are any bypass modifier issues with the preset. I don't have an Axe III, just looking at settings with FracTool. Can you make a video showing exactly what steps lead to this delay bypass problem? Maybe someone else could test the preset as well.

Where do I choose this?

Are you wanting to:

A. Switch banks without loading a preset

or

B. Select a preset without automatically loading the initial scene?

A is possible; B isn't. Selecting a preset will load that preset. I thought you were asking about B, but the replies above are talking about scenario A.

It doesn't look like there are any bypass modifier issues with the preset. I don't have an Axe III, just looking at settings with FracTool. Can you make a video showing exactly what steps lead to this delay bypass problem? Maybe someone else could test the preset as well.

Are you wanting to:

A. Switch banks without loading a preset

or

B. Select a preset without automatically loading the initial scene?

A is possible; B isn't. Selecting a preset will load that preset. I thought you were asking about B, but the replies above are talking about scenario A.
I simply want to be able to be on a preset and then be able to call up next preset while still playing old preset until I choose a scene in the new preset

I simply want to be able to be on a preset and then be able to call up next preset while still playing old preset until I choose a scene in the new preset
Not possible.

You can't access scenes in a preset that's not loaded.

Not possible.

You can't access scenes in a preset that's not loaded.

I would just add that there's a number of ways to select the default scene for a preset which would be the next best thing. I believe the default behavior is to load the scene that was active last time the preset was saved.

Also I have FC12 to where within a preset I have 6 scenes and 5 effects to choose from within the 12 buttons available. As is when I turn off delay within scene 5 then it would be off in scene 1 when I programmed scene 1 to have delay ON. Please advise. Thx

This one doesn't sound precisely like what I'm about to share with you, but the scene revert setting being off by default definately messed with my mind as a newbie. I prefer to have this setting on so that when I mess with turning blocks on and off like stomp boxes, and then press a scene switch I'm going to get exactly what I expect:

Here's the scoop from the manual:
1591475252700.png

I would just add that there's a number of ways to select the default scene for a preset which would be the next best thing. I believe the default behavior is to load the scene that was active last time the preset was saved.

This one doesn't sound precisely like what I'm about to share with you, but the scene revert setting being off by default definately messed with my mind as a newbie. I prefer to have this setting on so that when I mess with turning blocks on and off like stomp boxes, and then press a scene switch I'm going to get exactly what I expect:

View attachment 68500

This is timely since I ran into this in my first quarantine Jam, things I was toggling on a scene were persisting and I didn't expect it.

This is timely since I ran into this in my first quarantine Jam, things I was toggling on a scene were persisting and I didn't expect it.

Yeah I kind of feel like it should be the default behavior but Idk I'm just some guy.

View attachment 68500
Thank you. Solved. Case closed!

Back
Top Bottom