• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

2 Requests: Machine Gun Vibe/I Want to Break Free Solo

Presence7682

Hello.

I'm not sure what parameters I should be looking at, but I'm trying to get the oscillation sound from the Vibe (I assume it's coming from the Univibe) in Machine Gun

It's around 4:00 to 4:12.
I used the Classic Vibe and the FAS Vibe (the FAS Vibe seems to come closer), but I can't get there, and wonder if there's specific parameters of settings I should try.

The second request is, does anyone have a preset that comes close to the keyboard sound in the solo in Queen's I Want to Break Free?

(about 2:06 to 2:36)

Thank you in advance!

Presence7682

if you get it figured out please share the preset . Thank you.
Did the best could. I'm not sure what the vol/pan is for (his had nothing set in the screen shot I saw), I'd like to make the synth a little more prominent, but it's good enough for me for now.

Attachments

• I Want to Break Free.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 8

sherry71

Inspired
Did the best could. I'm not sure what the vol/pan is for (his had nothing set in the screen shot I saw), I'd like to make the synth a little more prominent, but it's good enough for me for now.
I adventure to say the vol/pan is for the distortion parts.

sherry71

Inspired
Just to say it, do you have any idea how loud he had to be to get a strat to sound like that?!?
not sure but by his guitar it looks like he had it on 8 and on the 5 way switch from the bottom up he has it on the notch above from the bottom and I cant tell on the axe fx

Dave Merrill

Fractal Fanatic
not sure but by his guitar it looks like he had it on 8 and on the 5 way switch from the bottom up he has it on the notch above from the bottom and I cant tell on the axe fx
If you're talking about the knobs on his guitar, I wasn't :)

I just meant that you have to push an amp really really hard to get that kind of tone, especially from single coils. Maybe it was the drugs...

Dave Merrill

Fractal Fanatic
Well he used Heavily modded VOX AC-30's
Really??? I confess that even though I'm a huge Hendrix fan, I was less interested in what he was doing by then, and I don't know anything about his amps from that time. But I thought he was mostly about big Marshalls. I heard of him using Twins, never Vox.

sherry71

Inspired
Really??? I confess that even though I'm a huge Hendrix fan, I was less interested in what he was doing by then, and I don't know anything about his amps from that time. But I thought he was mostly about big Marshalls. I heard of him using Twins, never Vox.

mr_fender

Fractal Fanatic
It's around 4:00 to 4:12.
He's got the UniVibe on for the entire song. It's typical Hendrix fare. Strat with low output vintage pickups, Fuzz (most likely Roger Mayer custom built fuzz), Univibe, and a LOUD Plexi (3 full stacks behind him at this show). Hard to tell if he's turning off the Fuzz or not, but I'd bet he's just rolling back the guitar volume for the cleaner parts and rolling it up for the hot leads. In the Axe III, there's a factory preset called Machine Gun that is a decent start. It's probably in the FM3 presets too.

Here's a pretty low quality video of that performance:

Presence7682

Thank you.
I have tried the FM3 preset. Definitely gets the tone for most the song. But when I hold that note (at 4:19 in the video you sent) it doesn’t oscillate. I had a sweet sound mojo vibe and when I put my angry fuzz in front it worked as expected.

mr_fender

Fractal Fanatic
I think a lot of that is the ear bleeding volume of him in front of those cranked stacks. That vibe has a pretty deep vibrato throb to it too. Try turning the Vibe mix up a bit over 50% to get more pitch warble. The bulb bias parameter is key to getting the throb just right.

Top Bottom