2 guitars with axe-fx II, separate outputs

alexwald

I know how to setup axe-fx for use with 2 guitars, however, I can't achieve the effect of sending one guitar through output1 and the second one through output2 - at the moment they both go out through output 1, blended.

where should my signal chain end for guitar2? I've tried using block feedback send but it doesn't go to output2...

any help much appreciated!

I think the problem you're having is that you need to be using the effects loop (FXL) block instead of the feedback send block. Just end the guitar 2 chain with that!

i'm already using FXL block for the input of the 2nd guitar. how can I use the same block also for output?

i'm already using FXL block for the input of the 2nd guitar. how can I use the same block also for output?

Instead of using input 1 for guitar 1 and input 2 for guitar 2, use input 1 left for guitar 1 and input 1 right for guitar 2.

Then I just use a volume block at the start of each row to select left or right input for the source.

On a side note it'd be great if there were separate blocks for fx loop send and return. Conceivably you could run 2 fully amped guitars plus 2 acoustics at the same time. Or 2 amped guitars and the other 2 could go like I did in highschool and run some metalzones into cabs :)

You can dual-chain two fully seperate stereo paths by using this setup:

Git1: IN ------------------------------- OUT
Git2: IN [RTN]-[...]-----[FXL]-[SND] OUT

It works, but there is a possible danger in doing that: As soon as you unplug a cable from INPUT2, the FXL block gets shorted and creates a feedback loop. Make sure you ALWAYS mute OUT2 or the FXL block when unplugging a cable from INPUT2. Make sure IN is never connected to RTN and OUT is not connected to SND.

... or just use the solution Glennski proposed: Use IN1L and IN1R and split them into two paths.

Back
Top Bottom