2 guitars/2 vocals

Kelleys Heroes

Experienced
Hi, I'm trying to extend my solo patch, just a simple guitar and mic setup, to include another guitarist vocalist. Can two chains share effects, like I have set it up here, or is there a better way to do this? input 2-3 for mics, 1 and 4 for guitarsScreen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.20.19 AM.png

Only Input 2 has XLR inputs... But you could split L and R to separate signal chains.

No idea what the Mixer blocks are there for but the Reverb will sum the inputs to mono even though it produces a stereo output.

You might try separate amp blocks to give guitars different overall sounds in the mix. Similarly, you could try separate comps/EQs on the vocals to fit the different mics/voices. You should be able to use one mixer block to control the 4 rows. Also, you might be able to get away with using one reverb at the end for everything. may need lower quality reverb if you run out of processing room

Only Input 2 has XLR inputs... But you could split L and R to separate signal chains.

No idea what the Mixer blocks are there for but the Reverb will sum the inputs to mono even though it produces a stereo output.
Mixer blocks are to provide panning/stereo separation. Good tip on the XLR ins, I didn't realize you could do that. I ended up fishing out an XLR to 1/4 inch cable.

Mixer blocks are to provide panning/stereo separation. Good tip on the XLR ins, I didn't realize you could do that. I ended up fishing out an XLR to 1/4 inch cable.

The mixer blocks won't do anything like that because the signal is already mixed down to stereo. At that point they're just balance/level controls and two of the four are redundant.

You can pan the signals from Ins 2 & 3 as you like before the compressor. The compressor processes in stereo and the reverb doesn't alter dry panning; it just sums L & R to feed the reverb engine.

Sharing an amp block might not work so well, except maybe with a very clean setting. You lose the ability to pan each guitar differently, but you can pan the combined result how you like at or after the cab block.

Great, I'm working on V2 for my livestream show later today. I'll post the new grid afterwards. I've been getting strange results so far, but the sounds are all good of course :)

Great, I'm working on V2 for my livestream show later today. I'll post the new grid afterwards. I've been getting strange results so far, but the sounds are all good of course :)
How did that go? Curious to see the modified grid!

And wondering, if I were to livestream (or record), just me with vocals and a guitar, what mic could do a decent job, to just go direct into the axe iii with no thing in between to provide phantom power? I'm a hobbyist, have never owned a mic.

And wondering, if I were to livestream (or record), just me with vocals and a guitar, what mic could do a decent job, to just go direct into the axe iii with no thing in between to provide phantom power? I'm a hobbyist, have never owned a mic.
The issue isn't really phantom power, it's the mic level. If you need phantom power you have NO option to do the without something in between.

If it's a mic that doesn't need phantom power then you have the possibility to raise the level inside the box with the Input block and various other blocks like Compressor, etc.

[/QUOTE

It was a challenge, One electric, an acoustic, and two Sm58s worked fine, but the experience of being live, having level issues, and having to modify my AXE3 on the fly was not fun :). The whole thing was an experiment, in a way, but unfortunately it was public!

Regarding the mics, it is easy enough to boost the levels in various ways, I even plugged one of the mics in with an XLR to 1/4 jack, because aI didn't have time to figure out how to use the splitting of IN2's XLR connections like @unix-guy mentioned.

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 2.11.12 PM.png

YES

<<<<<<++++++++ on the modified correct Grids ,, Pictures (GRIDS) are so much easier to comprehend.!!! and would be greatly appreciated

yes , I know I am just saying it would be great <<<if more people>> would take the time to explain and show details <of grids >like you SHOW .
Some of us have limited knowledge ,and pics are worth a thousand words.in other words I am saying I LIKE what you have. done by the picture for example.

Back
Top Bottom