2 Guitars 1 FX8?

AllanH

Inspired
Hello Gents.

I have a Taylor T5Z acoustic I would like to use through my FX8 combined with the electric guitar. Would This work:

Connect my electric to instr. IN, and pre amp Out to front of my amp (I only use pre effects, no 4 cable method since its too noisy for me)
Then connect my Taylor to IN Post and from out out to the PA.
My idea was to make presets for the electric as they are now (only pre amp effects) and then create a preset to my Taylor as a post effect only. Would that work?

Then the FX8 could be used instead of some LR Baggs tool and still be able to use effects.

Maybe a line driver would be needed after the Post Out before the PA

I will..... and I will keep you posted, but it'll be a couple of days before I'm with my rig again, and I could'nt wait to see if it could work, and thought maybe someone else already tried it :)

Good point Zed... However, my alternative to use a DI and directly to the PA wouldn't have a noise gate either, so as long as the actual FX8 is not generating noise, it should be fine I guess.

Hi again.....

My time has been a nightmare, so I haven't got around to this before now. Just for those who are interested it works like a charm.... I have a DI box between the FX8 and the mixer. There ise no noise detected, but that might have to do with a high quality instrument, DI box, cables and Mixer?

Back
Top Bottom