2 Guitars 1 Axe-FX II - Updated, in-depth

holy moly, i just messed with an acoustic guitar IR... wow. just wow. this piezo is sounding GOOD.

holy moly, i just messed with an acoustic guitar IR... wow. just wow. this piezo is sounding GOOD.

You beat me to it. I was just going to ask if you and the other have tried any acoustic IR's. I got a bunch off a thread recently and was blown away. I go direct into the IR No amp I have an EQ in front of it but it is currently flat

Not to change the direction of this thread too much, but does anyone have a good process for capturing acoustic IRs? I've done the process for my Mesa cabinet, but am at a bit of a loss as to how you would do it with an acoustic guitar. Or simply attaching some good acoustic guitar IR files would be cool.

Thanks!

Very cool. I think I'll bastardize it to create a "guest" preset. We had a guy stop by practice and I wanted to run him through my rig at the same time-I couldnt manage it on the fly. Saw his input signal, but couldnt get it out-so he had to play through a nasty peavey solid state thing the bass player keeps laying around. Next time, we'll both play through lonestars :)

Not to change the direction of this thread too much, but does anyone have a good process for capturing acoustic IRs? I've done the process for my Mesa cabinet, but am at a bit of a loss as to how you would do it with an acoustic guitar. Or simply attaching some good acoustic guitar IR files would be cool.

Thanks!
I hate to be the use the search guy but I am at work and can't find it for you but I got a bunch of acoustic IRs recently off one or two threads. Two were of actual acoustic guitars a martin and a gibson the others where of that fishman acoustic enhancement pedal

Please post the patch if you get a chance. I am searching the forum now for all acoustic IR's. I'm hoping they sound as good as I'm imagining them to sound!!!

You beat me to it. I was just going to ask if you and the other have tried any acoustic IR's. I got a bunch off a thread recently and was blown away. I go direct into the IR No amp I have an EQ in front of it but it is currently flat

that's exactly what i'm doing, and using the eq to adjust the tone as necessary.

the IRs i found are in this thread: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-preset-exchange/39514-[axefx2]-collection-thread.html

i'll tweak a bit more then post the patch and ir maybe tomorrow.

Great tutorial. This is definitely going to be a stupid question, but I missed if that's one guitar into rows 1 and 2 or two separate guitars. You played some riffs with both tones so was the Axe just modeling the acoustic tone? I didn't follow that part.

Great Tutorial! We need many more of these videos :)

BTW, what type of guitar are you using? Now, I need to consider getting a guitar w/ a Piezo as well!

Great video man. He uses a Music Man John Petrucci custom. IMHO he has a better piezo tone than Petrucci himself. I never liked the way John's piezos sound live. Too thin for my ear.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

JP runs his piezo straight to a fishman aura pedal then into the pa system. i agree it's a bit thin, but it's basically doing the same thing i do with the IRs in the axe-fx now. here's my gear setup video:

I want to make sure I've found the same IR. Can you post it here? That IR sounds AWESOME!!! So do you put the Cab IR next in line after the Vol/Pan or Mixer block? I'm soooo frickin excited!!! That IR sounded stunning!!!

JP runs his piezo straight to a fishman aura pedal then into the pa system. i agree it's a bit thin, but it's basically doing the same thing i do with the IRs in the axe-fx now. here's my gear setup video:

Gotta say thanx again. Great ideas, and you explain them very well, I have the Alex Lifeson Les Paul axcess w/piezo and I've been trying out different routings, working on your routing suggestions now.

Hey guys,

This is my first real post. I've been lurking this forum for a long time. I hope to be contributing soon enough.

Sadly, today was the first real day I had to sit with my Axe 2. I'm a noob... But, here is my first patch. I'd love your critique on how to make it better. I was a/bing my Mod50/PCOS2x12 using a VX module vs a pair of QSC HPR122's and the Axe. The X/Y amp was my attempt to reproduce the dual VX module on the Egnater. Maybe it was the QSC's, maybe the room, etc. But, the only way I could reproduce the Egnater's tone was the crank the 2k slider on the amp's GEQ.

I am open to suggestions.

View attachment 2 Guitars AC30.syx

Best,

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom