Wish 2 fx loops instead of one

Ralph K

Inspired
It would b great if a firmware update would allow us to have two fx loops instead of a stereo one.... the left channel would be loop 1 and the right channel would be loop 2... this would allow for more flexibility in hooking external gear and placing them in the signal chain.

We would rarely use a stereo send return with regular stomp boxes unless we are hooking in parallel but we would definitely need to place an effects loop pre and post amp.

I also like this idea because of the dual purpose of the secondary inputs/outputs being both the effects loop and Input/Output 2. I have mono piezo plugged into L Input 2 so then the other three jacks are sitting around unused. It would be great to have the option to split the stereo FX Loop block into an FX Loop L block (piezo input in my case) and FX Loop R block (external pedal loop).

Yeah that would be a big improvement if it could be done without a hardware change. I'm relatively new to Fractal. What's the process for "Officially" requesting changes or improvements? Is posting in this thread the way to do that?

Yes - this is where you request changes/updates. There is no way to know if and when they will be implemented though.

the only reason I have kept my Helix around is the superior routing options (4 separated routable stereo FX/send/return loops) which sorta allows me some similar functionality as what is being discussed here, but no doubt would be better if an FAS product of the future offered expanded routing .

I would be happy with either a separate, additional FX loop and/or the ability to have an internal loop path within the system.

Example: I need to have 2 inputs (electric and acoustic guitars) and would like to use OUT1 for FOH, and OUT2 for my personal monitor. As it is now, if I'm using the one and only FX loop for the acoustic guitar input, and route it through my blocks, I can only send it to the main OUT1 and have no option to route to OUT2 for personal monitor level and eq.

RIght now the FX Loop It's either an Input or an Output, but cannot be both if you're using the FX Loop as a second input at least. A second input would be great however, that would require hardware change (i.e. not happening) so, a second loop that would also allow possibly for the "Echo" option for OUT1 to be sent to OUT2 would help too when the one and only FXloop is already used for something else (i.e. Acoustic guitar input).

Back
Top Bottom