2 expression pedals

Just wanted to know how people are configuring 2 expression pedals. I know from the manual that the first input is reserved exclusively for volume on output 1. Are people generally taking advantage of this setup, or do you plug into inputs 2 and 3 and assign a volume pedal only if required in a patch. I was thinking about not using input 1 to maximize flexibility of my setup (there may be some instances where a volume pedal isn't needed and/or I'd like to control multiple effects or parameters).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jared

Just wanted to know how people are configuring 2 expression pedals. I know from the manual that the first input is reserved exclusively for volume on output 1. Are people generally taking advantage of this setup, or do you plug into inputs 2 and 3 and assign a volume pedal only if required in a patch. I was thinking about not using input 1 to maximize flexibility of my setup (there may be some instances where a volume pedal isn't needed and/or I'd like to control multiple effects or parameters).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jared

hi Jared, are you reading the right manual?..maybe for a POD? :)
But seriously, the expression pedals are not "Reserved" for anything, they are programmed as "default" for volume and wah but can be set to any control change number for any preset as well as a global default.

Cheers S

Thank you for the clarification (I am a former Pod user so perhaps that explains it!:razz). I think I assumed that the following statement:

"Pedal Jack #1 is preconfigured at the factory to control OUT1 VOLUME on the Axe-Fx II.)"

meant that I couldn't change it... should've known better that everything on the Axe is flexible. One thing I am confused about though is that I currently plug in my expression pedal to Output Jack 1 but require using EXT 1 to control effects. If I plug in a second pedal to Output Jack 1 (which is preconfigured for OUT 1 Volume), what EXT would I use to control other effect parameters?

Jared

I currently plug in my expression pedal to Output Jack 1 but require using EXT 1 to control effects. If I plug in a second pedal to Output Jack 1 (which is preconfigured for OUT 1 Volume), what EXT would I use to control other effect parameters?

Jared
I think you meant you currently use output jack 2, an use external 1 for your effects. You're getting caught up in "my first controller is #1, my second should be #2" etc.

Your XP2 can be controlling external 5 or 7 or whatever! It doesn't matter as long as your settings are matched up.

Set XP2 cc# to something. Set the external # of your choice to the same something. Whatever parameter you want to control, set its control to the same external #. (Well actually I would set my MFC to the default cc of the external # already on the axe, instead of changing too many things around, but you get the idea.)

I believe XP1 is defaulted to control CC #14, which happens to be out1 in the I/O menu. I changed mine from 14 to whatever External1 was set to. Now I choose external 1 to control whatever I want.

Back
Top Bottom