2 effects with 1 switch possible?

Home Skillet

Inspired
I'm still new to using MIDI and the Ultra. I'm using my HD500 to control the Ultra and am wondering if there's a way to switch on 2 effects with one switch. example, 2 delays, or 1 delay w/OD. Thanks!

Easy - just set the same bypass MIDI CC number on the AxeFX for whichever blocks you want to switch together. When you send that CC number from your floot controller, the effects will switch together.

Ok, I'm gonna break it down like I'm 5 yrs old. For example I would change the CC's in the I/O-CTRL page, Delay 1 bypass & Delay 2 bypass both set to 047. On the HD500 set the switch to CC#047.

I'm not home right now so I won't be able to check until later. Makes sense though. Much thanks!

Ok, I'm gonna break it down like I'm 5 yrs old. For example I would change the CC's in the I/O-CTRL page, Delay 1 bypass & Delay 2 bypass both set to 047. On the HD500 set the switch to CC#047.

I'm not home right now so I won't be able to check until later. Makes sense though. Much thanks!
Exactly how GM Arts states... set them as the same CC... I currently use that for Delays, in my case I have a separate switch for just delays and my Wah pedal enables the delay then disables the delay as soon as the wah gets disabled... very very cool...

On a side note... years ago I was trying to explain the recording process to our less than technical drummer (great friend of mine) and he stopped me dead in my tracks while I was explaining the whole deal and he waved his hands and said "Just explain it to me like I was a 5 year old..." So without missing a beat I turned on my "fatherly voice talking to a baby while clapping my hands" and said... "Yes you can... you're a big boy... yes you can... it's very simple my little cupcake..." He busted out laughing...

Correct, essentially. You could in theory turn on/off every effect with a single switch as long as in the I/O CTRL page you have every effects CC# set to the CC# sent by the midi controller. I am guessing you know how to have the Ultra learn the CC# the HD500 is sending, which makes it even easier.

On a side note... years ago I was trying to explain the recording process to our less than technical drummer (great friend of mine) and he stopped me dead in my tracks while I was explaining the whole deal and he waved his hands and said "Just explain it to me like I was a 5 year old..." So without missing a beat I turned on my "fatherly voice talking to a baby while clapping my hands" and said... "Yes you can... you're a big boy... yes you can... it's very simple my little cupcake..." He busted out laughing...
Haha, that's too funny. I said it earlier because I'm a huge Office fan and there was an episode where Micheal Scott needed to know how surplus worked.

Last edited:
You could also use one of the Externals instead of specific block bypasses. That gives more options like controlling different things per preset, adjusting other parameters, switching bypass state of some blocks oppositely from others.

Back
Top Bottom