2 Covers - Hans Zimmer - Man of Steel and John Murphy - Sunshine. All AXE-FX

justinjcm900

Inspired
Hi all,

I decided to get straight on with another cover since i had the time since the man of steel remix.

This latest one is 'Adagio in D minor' from the film Sunshine (2007). I really love this piece of music, so simple and yet so powerful.

I really hope you all enjoy it and would be grateful for any comments!

Cheers!

P.S. I re-posted the Man of Steel cover just in case any of you missed it.

What are you using for the strings? How do you go about programming them?

It's Spectrasonics Omnisphere. I adjust the attack, sustain, decay and release depending on what i want the strings to be doing...of course it doesn't happen like this when it's a standalone string sample library. Everything else about the string programming is just by ear, i play it in on a midi keyboard and adjust from there.

It's Spectrasonics Omnisphere. I adjust the attack, sustain, decay and release depending on what i want the strings to be doing...of course it doesn't happen like this when it's a standalone string sample library. Everything else about the string programming is just by ear, i play it in on a midi keyboard and adjust from there.

First off, very cool! It seems that you like to use that Omnisphere plugin in your most recent stuff, do you recommend it? By the way what does your clean reverby patch looks like? That's a very cool sound.

First off, very cool! It seems that you like to use that Omnisphere plugin in your most recent stuff, do you recommend it? By the way what does your clean reverby patch looks like? That's a very cool sound.

Thanks! Yes absolutely, very recommended. There's so much in there that is useful and inspiring when composing. Now the clean patch, its a very simple amp and cab setup with a slight blend of chorus and of course the reverb block is where it changes. The blend is on 100% for this patch obviously because i want the reverb quite dominant. It is the large cathedral and then the reverb time is pushed further to 12 seconds. The low cut is set around 300Hz to cut some of the low mid crap. Hope that helps!

Cheers

1. Adagio is kinda cool!!! I love the music from John Murphy.
2. Spectrasonics Omnisphere is by far the best Synth-Plugin I've ever used (and I've used many) I have also the Trilian Plugin (Bass) which is also unbelieveable good.

Very nice! Keep on doing!!!

1. Adagio is kinda cool!!! I love the music from John Murphy.
2. Spectrasonics Omnisphere is by far the best Synth-Plugin I've ever used (and I've used many) I have also the Trilian Plugin (Bass) which is also unbelieveable good.

Very nice! Keep on doing!!!

Thanks for that comment!

I totally agree with you, trilian is outstanding too!

Back
Top Bottom